letter on ceefax

Arkwright

Inactive
I make no apologies for reproducing this letter which was on BBC Ceefax yesterday. I think it puts across how I and most of us feel.
' What on earth has happened to our country? We allow Muslim extremists to insult our soldiers, consider amnesty for all illegal immigrants and do not deport those that break our laws, denigrate British born Christians and treat brave and gallant Gurkhas like 2nd or 3rd class citizens. Have we bocome mice instead of men? Where has our national pride gone?'

Unfortunately, because of the ridiculous government we have, we can't be 'British' any more because it's racist and bigoted. To have pride in your nation and want to be a part of it is now considered wrong and instead we should pander to the wants of migrants who have no intention of becoming 'British' because not to do so is a hate crime.

Don't get me wrong. I am the least racist and bigoted person I know. I think that there is beauty and a gorgeous humanity in everyone. You've only got to look at comic relief to see that as a nation with bugger all money, we still show love and compassion for the world. Yet to defend it, even with words is considered wrong.

F*ck 'em. F*ck 'em right in the ear!

Get this....

A guy in my motorcycle magazine was sent away for three months for doing 122mph on a sports bike. Yes he's an idiot, there's a time and a place, but ultimately apart from surprising a few people as he came past no harm was done (I agree harm could have been, but it wasn't).

In my other motorbike mag there for four examples of guys who'd become amputees due to car drivers not paying attention. The car drivers were given points and fines (like £150 for losing a leg). They then didn't get their compensation for 5-8years after the accident.

To top it all...

A labour peer was involved in a fatal crash after sending text messages on the M1 and received HALF the jail term given to the biker who did no direct harm. Lord Ahmes, 51, was jailed for 12 weeks after his Jaguar smashed into a stationary car, killing it's 28 year old driver.

If I knew of a better place, and all my friends/culture would move with me, I'd be outta here in a shot. But I think it's best to stay and try to make it better rather than bail, we're not quitters are we?

Last edited by a moderator:
A labour pee was involved in a fatal crash after sending text messages on the M1 and received HALF the jail term given to the biker who did no direct harm. Lord Ahmes, 51, was jailed for 12 weeks after his Jaguar smashed into a stationary car, killing it's 28 year old driver.

AND to cap it all he's had the fu- - ing nerve to appeal & it's been quashed so he's now FREE, It stinks.

Unfortunately, because of the ridiculous government we have, we can't be 'British' any more because it's racist and bigoted. To have pride in your nation and want to be a part of it is now considered wrong and instead we should pander to the wants of migrants who have no intention of becoming 'British' because not to do so is a hate crime.

Don't get me wrong. I am the least racist and bigoted person I know. I think that there is beauty and a gorgeous humanity in everyone. You've only got to look at comic relief to see that as a nation with bugger all money, we still show love and compassion for the world. Yet to defend it, even with words is considered wrong.

F*ck 'em. F*ck 'em right in the ear!

Seen this in last weeks paper; Britain will be the 3rd largest recipient of migrants
over
the next 40 years, only US & Canada will be higher & population is set to rise to 72 million by 2050.

we all need to claim our country back we have many rights here for everyone to enjoy and if you don't like our country you can exercise the other great british right the right to leave

......and if you don't like our country you can exercise the other great british right the right to leave

The rights were fought for - twice and more so if you include Napoleon......

But every country is beautiful - it's just the people and therefore the culture in it that one cannot always stand - I made my choice 16 years ago after Thatcher f**ked up my country and I still feel that you're all still reeling from the after-effects. No paradise where I live but no dustbin for every migrant from Eastern Europe and here you have to read and write French first !

Appeasement my friends, Britsh politicians have learnt nothing since the 1920s........and did you think that one law for the rich and one for the poor had changed ? It's the same the world over ! Wake up !

going back to the luton thing.what sickend me was plod doing nothing even though we pay there wages.oh except nicking 2 white guys for causing racial tension or whatever,while they should have been cracking a few muslim fanatics heads,they might actually get bit of repect from uk population then.but hey boys stick to what your good at nicking motorists for being 5 mph over limit.

...while they should have been cracking a few muslim fanatics heads, they might actually get bit of respect from uk population then
They're not muslim fanatics, they are f*cking idiots. Islam is a peaceful religion as are its people. You could tar everyone in Northern Ireland with the same stick if you wanted but again it would be completely untrue. Don't blame the name of a religion for the wrong doing in this world. It's just the f*cking idiots perpetrating it, nothing more, nothing less.

Peace

Manipulation....every religon west of India has been abused.

What gets me is the amount of churches and the detailing.....imagine all that money and effort diverted (during those periods) into more constructive projects that aided entire communities.

Those same churches now are mostly mill-stones around necks for up-keep.

Thank f#ck I aint having kids I can's stand thw ay the world I have to live in, let alone what some poor sod will have to grow up in. I'm having a Bull dog, my 2 bikes me Z and a shot gun to 'Keeeep E'm orf my land!'

Just a point on the police, I'm sure they go into it with potentially good intentions but I think the entire thing is corrupt from our government to the police to the justice system.

Well perhaps for once the Aussies have it right.....

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

(Note a collection of quotes and not all said at the same occasion.)

Can't see the "one eyed Scottish Idiot" coming out with any of those :D

I dont think Old 'Brown eye would be able to put all those words in the correct order let alone say them on mass. I must say could you imagine the outcry here if some one said that and every word of it perfectly bloody true why has this once Great Britain become so limp, laim and lifeless fror its own? I bet the surviving war heros feel so happy with what they fought for. Poor pensions, poor interest on there hard earned savings, poor heating, poor life style and then a poor nursing home. The joy of being british (please note the little b, we aint great no more)

Can we import him?? Can we take some ridiculous pensions we're paying ex PMs of this country and just buy him? Can we clone that guy?

I have nothing against patriotism and protecting your nations identity. If I go on holiday to France I like it to be France, with French people speaking French doing the French thing. I think dilution of culture could turn us all in to one boring world where we're all pretty much the same world over.

Well perhaps for once the Aussies have it right.....

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

(Note a collection of quotes and not all said at the same occasion.)

Can't see the "one eyed Scottish Idiot" coming out with any of those :D

Australia has got it right haven't they? it's in todays paper that they are cutting down on skilled (they don't want shite) migrants by 14% to safeguard their own jobs.

A,other classic :

the pope's visting Africa. Great idea I thought - they need some love there (except it's clearly a commercial tour - to drum up some business - excuse the pun) and the WHO and everyone else has got it all wrong.......

distributing condomws and educating the people as to why, how and when is not the way to stop the spread of aids - abstinence is the answer. That clearly shows a powerful insight into the mind of the average human being and is a novel and orginal approach also to the problem of over-population.

I'm glad that one's solved - what a laod of useles prats we were not to have thought of that. Next week, he's seeing the Dalai Lama to invite him to Peking to politely ask the Chinese to eff off outa Tibet.

Only one bl*ody miracle per week.

LMAO oh man it's not really funny I suppose, how is it people of such limited benefit get so much influence?

But then he does work for an invisible man who gave him instructions a few thousand years ago, I think he's only trying to do his best with that information :p

Hi Guys,

Well I have to say the media and the politicians create an environment for hatred and pretending they actually care but please Don't say that Muslims as a general are a problem because personally I am sick of this bigoted Regime that cannot stand for human right for example you all sit quitely when a massacre took place in Palestine so please ensure you get all your fact,soldiers are not heroes they are a tool for the weak and useless that commit to something that has been lied to the general public in order to create them and us needless to remind you I was caught up the IRA attacks in London in the 1990's but people seem to forget that and now they share a seat in Parliament is that Democracy my arse it is politicians being dictators.

Puportedly gave instructions thousands of years ago - no proof so we are asked to have faith to believe, believe also the 6 day job and sunday off, believe also that woman can conceive without penetration (doesn't that go against what the pope said about abstinence - I mean Joseph didn't ask for that - poor bloke never got a go - some big-wig had that nright - prima nocta ?). And does the church support homeopathic medicine that doctors say that we can't prove it works, hands-on healing etc, etc ?

I always had too many awkard questions for the sunday school teacher.......

Far as I can see from my limited vision, Israel has created Hamas just as Briton created the IRA by blockading any real commercial trade with Gaza and in the typical human nature, nessesity being the mother of invention - they dig tunnels which are further encouraged by Hamas and taxed and exploited to smuggle in arms etc which would have been easier to track if Israel had let them import by truck !

I've met several Israelis, and some of them were soldiers and I don't think I've met a racist bunch of people ever ! They treated most like they were sh*t on their shoes ! Live and let live and now deal with a self-created problem.

The IRA - when you cannot democratically change your environment what do you do ? You leave or you stay. If you stay you fight injustice.

When Catholic homes were given one vote against protestans having one vote per person..........what did anyone expect them to do - it quickly escalates of course and innocents are garaunteed to be involved !

I'm as atheist (part nihilist as well so I'm told :unsure:) as they come. I watched Darwin's Dangerous Idea last night, quite enjoyed it.

BBC iPlayer - Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Body and Soul

... Marr then traces the development of Darwin's idea in the years since then and finds a range of influences that Darwin could never have imagined: from the existential philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche to the battlefields of the First World War; from the Freudian psychoanalyst's couch to the Vatican; and from the genetic logic of kindness to an Islamic creationist's claim that Darwin is to blame for modern terrorism. Darwin's dangerous idea is as influential and challenging today as it was 150 years ago.

Interesting how Darwin's "natural selection" became "survival of the fittest" which is entirely different. Anyway it's just another example of people misusing something with originally good intentions to their own personal bent.

Also if you haven't seen it, check out "Religulous" by Bill Maher, really good documentary where he goes around to meet all the different religions and ask them a few questions :)

Back