Just bought a Z31

Tom Bulger

Forum User
Hi all, just bought my first Z, it's a 1988 200ZR and am looking for any advice of decent coil over kits, most youtube reviews are USA so the kits tend to be USA made or available. Does anyone know which UK supplied kits are decent? Also any wisdom regarding the Z31 would be welcome.

Tom Bulger

Forum User
It is indeed, and absolutely don't want to do much to it, my only gripe is the goofy stance, just needs tweaking a smidge, other than that I'll not do anything that couldn't be reversed.

Tom Bulger

Forum User
The only thing that needs fixing ASAP is the headliner which is kinda hanging down, I've not had a lot of time to check it out but I'll do a temporary fix till I can figure out how to remove the roof panel

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Looks lovely. I'm afraid I don't know anything about coil over kits for them. Hopefully someone will.

Tom Bulger

Forum User
Gaz have a good reputation and look like they have coilovers for the Z31
So it looks like GAZ or BC racing you can get over here, I don't know much about them either tbh, some call the BC ones budget, dunno... but given you have to weld them to install I don't particularly want to get 'budget' coil overs

Paul_S

Club Member
I suppose the ideal situation is something you can just bolt on and keep the originals so the car can be back to standard again. That, or try and source some spare ones to modify.

Tom Bulger

Forum User
I suppose the ideal situation is something you can just bolt on and keep the originals so the car can be back to standard again. That, or try and source some spare ones to modify.
Yeh, I think the challenge with this car is knowing how similar it is to the 300ZX of the same year, the diff is different I think and obviously the engine, it also didn't get the flared fenders but brakes and suspension, don't know??
It's almost entirely complete tho which is lovely, stereo missing (massive shame) and one of the privacy covers for the roof are missing, steering wheel and wheels, but it does has a really cool Nissan compressor still present, the tools and all the interior/exterior trim

Tom Bulger

Forum User
Thanks all, honestly so pleased to have a (modern) classic car again, I had classics as a kid and I've been itching for years to get another:)