Japfest Donington - 18th July 2020 | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Japfest Donington - 18th July 2020

Discussion in 'Shows & Meets' started by Woody928, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi All,

Another date for your calendars, at the moment this one is still going forward.

Last year was a great turnout and a really chilled show for everyone who attended. Full details of last years show can be found in the link below:

https://zclub.net/japfest-donington-2019/

For those interested there's also track time available which can be selected when you book your tickets. Please follow the link below and selected 'Book Club Tickets' before selecting the Zclub from the drop down selection. The password this year can be found here in the members section.

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/japfest-donington/

It would be really good to see the club well represented again. Get your names down now and I'll start updating the list.

Mark

1. Richiep
    2. Farmer42
    3. Bazzateer
    4. Huw

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Assuming it goes ahead, I’ll be there definitely.

3. Farmer42

Farmer42
    Z Club Member

All being well I will be there.

4. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

Just booked my ticket for the club stand, hopefully see you all there.

5. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice one chaps, keep them coming.

For anyone concerned this is the official position given by the organisers given the current global pandemic, which you will see on their website:

'Kelsey Media, organisers of Japfest Donington, has no plans to cancel or defer the event at this time.'

6. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

The key qualifying words being “at this time”...

Japfest stands a better chance of going ahead, given its summer slot.

Frankly, I think the Donington Historic at the beginning of May is toast though. It’s just a matter of time till the cancellation.

7. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    Z Club Member

have my doubts about it too
    Had a message from them about a week ago saying if it is cancelled they will reissue tickets for re allocated date and if you could not make that date they will refund monies
    Not booking CrossRoads room yet for this reason

8. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member

I will be there if it’s not cancelled in the meantime.

9. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

List updated.

10. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Not Japfest Donington, but just seen the announcement via Facebook that Japfest Silverstone has been postponed. Kelsey Media are in talks with Silverstone about rescheduling later in the year, but no further details. Japfest Silverstone takes place the same weekend as Donington Historic...

Personally, I doubt there will be any events before August at the very earliest. Even if the curve gets flattened, there’s no way this will be contained before mid-summer to a point where large scale events will be supported.

11. DoubleMaxim

DoubleMaxim New Forum User

Cancelled and deferred til 2021 according to fastcar

12. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member