Interesting Zs for sale

Still subverting and obfuscating the research done on the current 'Big Sam' bodyshell undertaken on behalf of previous owner Nick Howell, I see.

The current bodyshell of the entity known as 'Big Sam' has never been to Africa, or to Australia. Caveat Emptor.

I guess they could add its been to the states?

johnymd

Club Member
The first car is Jons and it's a very nice example with all the right bits. A rare opportunity to get such a well equipped nice car.

uk66fastback

Club Member
The first car looks to be a decent buy with that amount of modification which doesn't come cheap. Interesting history as well ... the second car, well, I don't know enough about the Samuri cars to even know whether that is what it will fetch.

JK240

Club Member
Speaking from experience of this very auction, it seems a strange choice for such a car (Big Sam not Jon Prynns car).

I know there where outside influences when I used the Fontwell auction for CAB in 2017, but they did an awful job in my opinion of both pre sale and actually describing the car during the sale. Almost 70% of the cars in the same auction went unsold.

As for Jon’s car, I saw that on FB the other day, great spec, I’d like it in my garage

JK

uk66fastback

Club Member
The first one does make me think it would be cheaper to buy that, sell mine and then build that further but then what would I do with my weekends for the next 10 years?!

That's the £29,950 problem. These cars are great in my view but they need to have something (anything) waiting to be done on them. If it's all done and I'm going to have to just drive the thing, I might as well sell it!

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
is the big sam sale part of the 'goings on' with the owners and the court case etc?

As far as I am aware, 'Big Sam' was bought into private ownership from J.D. Classics just before the recent drama/court case(s)/ownership change with J.D. Classics becoming Woodham Mortimer.

I believe it is that private owner who is now selling the car.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Big Sam was at the Donington Historic meet with the other 49 Zs earlier this year with who I believe was its new owner earlier this year

As far as I am aware, 'Big Sam' was bought into private ownership from J.D. Classics just before the recent drama/court case(s)/ownership change with J.D. Classics becoming Woodham Mortimer.

I believe it is that private owner who is now selling the car.

I didn't know that. Glad that the car escaped.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If it's all done and I'm going to have to just drive the thing, I might as well sell it!

Agree Mike. For me a major part is the evolution of the car.

That's a luxury enjoyed by those've more than 1x Z......I'm losing patience with mines' evolution - all I want to do is drive the bitch. :)

Jay.

Club Member
The first one does make me think it would be cheaper to buy that, sell mine and then build that further but then what would I do with my weekends for the next 10 years?!

It'd get some use at least :p You can live in a car, you can't drive a house etc.

First car is lovely and has pretty much all of the goodies I'd strive to have

JK240

Club Member
According to the current owners nephew the car (Big Sam) isn’t for sale at all...

“the owner absolutely has not put it for sale or signed any paperwork to that effect, coys will be receiving notice and it will be removed from the website posted in the near future too. But trust me, it categorically isnt for sale, coys do not have the paperwork for the car nor have they been given authority from the owner to put the car for sale. The photos are file photos, not recent ones taken for the purposes of the auction, nor is the write up...”

datsfun

Club Member
According to the current owners nephew the car (Big Sam) isn’t for sale at all...

“the owner absolutely has not put it for sale or signed any paperwork to that effect, coys will be receiving notice and it will be removed from the website posted in the near future too. But trust me, it categorically isnt for sale, coys do not have the paperwork for the car nor have they been given authority from the owner to put the car for sale. The photos are file photos, not recent ones taken for the purposes of the auction, nor is the write up...”

Reading the above, here is a thought. Could there be two Big Sam's? :conf2:

You never know with Samuri...:devil: