Haynes Motor Museum - Samuri

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Went to the Haynes Motor Museum yesterday. Its at Sparkford near Yeovil. Well worth a visit if you are in the region. They were displaying a red 240z (LYB 134K) badged as a Samuri. Spoke to an old timer cleaning some cars who confirmed that some cars are lent to the museum. Nice warm dehumidified place to lay up a car. Got a couple pics if its worth posting up...

I've faffed about trying to post up pictures. Wants an URL link. Why isn't posting pics straight forward. Given up.

????? browse my computer????. On loads of websites to browse your computer and slot it in is easy. How exactly do you browse and slot in on the z site ?

Ok just tried it in the post above, took me about 20 seconds - when you know how.

I said 'Browse your Computer' meaning use that method not a link (plenty of people do link to places like Photobucket I think).

So in your post click on the 'paperclip icon' then 'Upload File from your Computer', 'Choose File' 'Upload' WAIT UNTIL IT IS UPLOADED (it displays the filename lower down when done), 'Close the Window'. YOU THEN WILL ONLY SEE YOUR TEXT BUT SUBMIT THE POST AND THE PICTURE WILL APPEAR LIKE MAGIC.

I don't know why it's not simpler but it works.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok just tried it in the post above, took me about 20 seconds - when you know how.

I said 'Browse you Computer' meaning use that method not a link (plenty of people do link to places like Photobucket I think).

So in your post click on the 'paperclip' the 'Upload file from your computer', 'choose file' 'upload' WAIT UNTIL IT IS UPLOADED (it displays the filename lower down), 'close the window'. YOU THEN WILL ONLY SEE YOUR TEXT BUT SUMIT THE POST AND THE PICTURE WILL APPEAR LIKE MAGIC.

I don't know why it's not simpler but it works.

Good Luck
well you learn everyday as I have never used the 'paperclip' Button as always gone to the Additional options and used Manage Attachments
both open the same thing

Also to make the attached pic bigger
Open the Attachment as a picture right click it
Then left click the photo
right click the 'copy link location'
close the photo
click on the 'insert image' icon and paste in link and then the photo appears in the post

Yes a bit long winded but best we can do as can not get anyone to upgrade the whole web site not through the lack of effort in trying

The best thing to do is use a 3rd party image hosting site like photobucket, it's usually faster than the zclub server for retrieving images plus it helps to keep the zclub website bandwidth usage low.

ok here goes. Followed Robs instructions and waiting for it to appear like magic.

The car is in the "red hall" where all the cars are coloured red to give a good comparison between various models. Works for me. I would therefore guess that it is likely to be owned by Haynes rather than being lent by an owner.The Haynes 240z has a sunroof and wing mirrors that are attached to the glass rather than mounted onto the door body.

Attachments

• Haynescar1.jpg
    Haynescar1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Haynescar2.jpg
    Haynescar2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 48
It is a zed with a sam badge on it.

Hoping to have my car back together for the rare breeds day in september so should see you there. Will also have the pilbeam there

Back