GT6 Mk1 on its way!

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys,

Sorry not bin around, I've been waiting to buy another blinkin' classic B4 I posted!

...a LONG story later, I've a GT6 Mk1 arriving from Cowdenbeath (hopefully!) this Fri.

£1,900 + £345 to be towed down (cheap as chips)

I've not seen it, only pictures.

I've never sat in a GT6, let alone driven one.

It's without an MOT.

OR Tax (........BUT tax exempt hoooray)

Wot have I done!?

ahh sod it I cant wait!

More to come.....

Hope all are well.

Si

Attachments

• SP_A0016.JPG
    SP_A0016.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 64
Looks cool! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, look forward to more pictures and your thoughts about it compared to the Z.

Didn't realise they were so cheap! Are they normally or did you just get a great deal?

nice nostalgia. . . .

If that's a removable hard top,then you're laughing! especially if you leave it at home & get caught up in the rain.:D
Hi Simon. I'm only pulling your wig!:p The cars great,good price & all that,& they make a lot of new parts for em.
Personal opinion.Its not a patch of rust on the ole' Z though!
Nevertheless,still some classic lines,so glad you're on this one.:thumbs:

(Artiste formerly known as DJZ 60) :)

Mr.G said:
Looks cool! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, look forward to more pictures and your thoughts about it compared to the Z.

Didn't realise they were so cheap! Are they normally or did you just get a great deal?

One very similar went for £4,750 on ebay a few weeks back....I was gutted to miss out on a 2nd ebay Mk1 so this could (could) be a good deal.....BUT it has no MOT, having said that the guy seems pretty genuine to me (famous last words!).

They're very rare these so if its a headache then selling on is not a prob. Dont think I will be though!

I'll keep ya posted

Si

DJZ 60 said:
If that's a removable hard top,then you're laughing! especially if you leave it at home & get caught up in the rain.:D
Hi Simon. I'm only pulling your wig!:p The cars great,good price & all that,& they make a lot of new parts for em.
Personal opinion.Its not a patch of rust on the ole' Z though!
Nevertheless,still some classic lines,so glad you're on this one.:thumbs:

(Artiste formerly known as DJZ 60) :)

Cheers mate.....hard/soft tops on the Spits not the GT6!.....I had an open top E type KIT once and couldnt stand everyone staring at me...was tempted by an early Spit but like the shape of these more...AND more power...

Si

Looks very nice, I always fancied one. Hope you're not too tall though. I love the clamshell bonnet/wings!! I wanna do that to a 240 one day.

qunvat said:
...AND more power...
Yep, they can just fight outa a paper bag, unlike the Spits - what a shame they used such an illustrious name on such a wimp !

You'll be back on Zs Simon - I give it a year and you'll have another Z on your steering wheel again !

SeanDezart said:
Yep, they can just fight outa a paper bag, unlike the Spits - what a shame they used such an illustrious name on such a wimp !

You'll be back on Zs Simon - I give it a year and you'll have another Z on your steering wheel again !

Hi Sean,

I dont think it'll be another z but who knows?

...Wot attracts me to this car are many things that define classic British sports cars!
Its obvious the z is a more modern,defined and powerful vehicle but I'm into classic cars, not just classic perfromance cars.

...the interior has wondeful wood panelling unlike the plastic horror show in the z (just my opinion dont forget!!) and the exterior shape is so 60's.

I'm gonna upgrade lots of things to make the handling better and then maybe an engine change to a Mk2 which can then be worked on to give it a little go faster...not that the lesser power than a z is an issue.

I LOVE old British sports cars and though I also loved both my z's they didnt quite cut the mustard with that 'classic' feel. I still do love em though....I also am not into racing.

controversial.

Si

You must have fallen into Zs by accident then - 'cos you aint got the profile of a Z owner (no offence) !

Things I like about a Z :

classic shape
reliable (and no oil drips etc)
non-fussy interior (what I like, you hate ;-)
good visibility
comfortable, modern-ish feel inside and on the road
tuneability (if desired)
rarity, different
the other owners (well, most of 'em :)

Oh come on Sean not to hard on him at least it beats a morris minor and who know he may put a v8 in, it at least his got room for a nice pair of exhausts either side :rolleyes: :conf2:

SeanDezart said:
You must have fallen into Zs by accident then - 'cos you aint got the profile of a Z owner (no offence) !

Things I like about a Z :

classic shape
reliable (and no oil drips etc)
non-fussy interior (what I like, you hate ;-)
good visibility
comfortable, modern-ish feel inside and on the road
tuneability (if desired)
rarity, different
the other owners (well, most of 'em :)

Could'nt have put it better myself, well said Sean. :cool: :thumbs:

Just be careful on sharp corners.....didn't the rear wheels on GT6 tuck under too far on a hard corner and cause the car to flip over?

twoforty said:
Just be careful on sharp corners.....didn't the rear wheels on GT6 tuck under too far on a hard corner and cause the car to flip
over?

It just gets better

twoforty said:
Just be careful on sharp corners.....didn't the rear wheels on GT6 tuck under too far on a hard corner and cause the car to flip over?

Yes they bloody do

My mate had a mark 1 GT6 driving down a lane at the back of Manchester Airport we thought it would be a go idea to so how fast we could take the bend :eek:

Lets just say that i had to bin my undies and he had to bin the car.

Well done Sean!

Yes! I agree. . .best thing one can say in honouring the Z's good name!
Sean. Has hit the nail on its head ref: why we love Z's.:thumbs:

I like him! He's wonderful & great (with a t on the end) DJZ 60.:cool:

The Triumph is o.k,but just does'nt compare to a Z

tel240z said:
Oh come on Sean not to hard on him at least it beats a morris minor and who know he may put a v8 in, it at least his got room for a nice pair of exhausts either side :rolleyes: :conf2:

Like on a Cobra but smaller , They'll act like stabilisers like on a childs' bike !

It only just beats a Morris Minor and then only on the straights.....no, he sold a 260Z 2+2 for that ? DJZ should stop talking to him for one, Grolls for another !

This is a car that needs serious money spent upon it to creep towards the peformance of a 2 litre L20 engined S30 ! C'mon, if looks are that important get a facelift and a new tailor !:rolleyes:

Yeah I think they changed the rear suspension a lot for the mk2??? I know I was after a mk2 because it had the looks of the mk1 but the go of the mk3 (which I think lost some looks?), all from memory so could be wrong :)

At least it's not a dull car and will go well enough, there are so many people into classics who drive cars that weren't any good in their day and ugly now :)

Russ said:
there are so many people into classics who drive cars that weren't any good in their day and ugly now :)
Well at least the GT6 qualifies for half that statement !

I'm soo disappointed for Simon - does it show ?

It still looks like you're trying to push the white one into the lake to do an insurance claim.....;-)

Back