From Oranges to Bananas

Paul_S

Club Member
I'm a bit late posting this here but a couple of weeks ago I had a day of mixed emotions:

- Sad because today I said goodbye to my lovely Sunset 350Z :(
- Happy because I collected my gorgeous new Ultimate Yellow 370Z :)

Before the PDI:

IMG_490250pc.jpg

IMG_488550pc.jpg

Here she is outside my local (highly recommended) dealer.

IMG_493450pc.jpg

2 weeks and 500 miles on I still love it!

Paul :driving:

Paul_S

Club Member
Those are the standard 19" wheels that come with the GT and GT Ultimate. The base car has 18" wheels.

Mine is the limited edition Ultimate Yellow - there are 60 in the UK and it has a few extras such as the side stickers, special floor mats, etc. It also has the alluminium kick plates that are an option on the other cars.

I'm still running the car in at the moment and keeping below 4k revs is proving to be a bit tricky! The first thing I noticed was how much 'tighter' the car is. You read the figures from Nissan and think 'yeah, yeah' but it really is noticable. The suspension is more 'supple' and not so crashy over the bumps.

The engine is very keen too. I suppose it has got about 50BHP more than my old car though. Even being good during the run-in period the car feels so much more alive than my 350Z did.

I love the Synhro-Rev - it's a real pleasure. The whole interior is so much nicer and more 'Germanic' if you know what I mean. All the controls have a more quality feel to them and a nice action.

The engine / exhaust is a little on the quiet side for my liking. I only had the standard exhaust on my 350 but it still make a nice burble at low speeds which I miss in this one.

All in all it's a nice place to be and each day I find another nice touch Nissan have added :)

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
Mine is the limited edition Ultimate Yellow - there are 60 in the UK and it has a few extras such as the side stickers, special floor mats, etc. It also has the alluminium kick plates that are an option on the other cars.
Can you post some pics of the inside please, with the special mats etc. :) Would be interested to see.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I find the suspension fine on my 350 even with 108k on the clock, so the 370 must be fantastic.

I def think the interior is the biggest improvement - but I haven't driven a 370 yet. I'm going to have a test drive when I get round to arranging it.

I like most things about the 370 but the front (air intake) is a bit too aggressive for my liking.

I'm getting better at rev matching but modern cars don't like you to blip the throttle they want to smooth everything out to avoid jerky driving. My 240 is great in that respect (of course it is modified and has a lightened flywheel. Also I removed the damper on the throttle linkage - not so easy on an ecu!).

Keep us posted on driving impressions - what is the clutch like. The clutch is the worse thing on my 350 too fierce!

Also rear vision looks as if it is worse than the 350, is it?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
your new car looks fantastic !! and i love the retro 370z stickers :driving:

Paul_S

Club Member
The clutch is much smoother than the 350Z (probably similar to the newest 350Z's but I've only driven one once). The brakes are much stronger - they are fantastic! Also the hand brake works!!!

The rear visibility isn't as good - the small side window is now useless whereas with the 350Z it can be handy pulling out of turnings. Also, strangely, the drivers' door mirror creates quite a large blind spot. When turning right, a bollard can disappear which takes a little getting used to!

The interior really is a lot better. There are some really nice touches too like an amber LED up by the rear view mirror that sends a nice glow over the centre console and gear stick.

I love it more each day!

I'll take a few pics of the interior when the weather improves!

Paul_S

Club Member
Daily driver, but the daily drive is just to the station and back. However, the 1,700 miles in Scotland and the odd 800-mile weekend treasure hunts may have made added up!