Do you know what this car is....

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
So car lovers, do you know what this model of car is......?

Attachments

• S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 114
  • S8.jpg
    S8.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 99
Rollocks is it a copy of the Lancia - it came out (based upon the Roadster chassi) in 1965 - it's a CSP311 ! Very expensive in it's day !

To confuse things, the Fulvia coupé came out also in 1965 - the Fairlady Roadster came out in 1961 - the MGB roadster in 1962 !

Please forget about Japanese cars being copies - that's Clarkson talk !

Well, I picked up from the shippers yesterday....so its mine. Yes this a 1965 Nissan Silvia (model code, as Sean said, CSP311). I imported it from Australia, needs a shed load of work, certainly do able, and since this car is so rare (especially outside Japan that is) I feel it is worth it. Apart from Symon's one in Spain, this is the only other one in Europe, both Symon and I know of. Though I do hear of another one imported (I know more about this car than its location). So, this is my next project after I finish my current 260z, and thus my other (the yellow one) will be up for sale. Buying this Silvia is the main reason I have taken so long in finishing the current 260z. Yes I can see why it maybe confused with a Lancia, but please:D

One chuffed chap,
Ian

Attachments

• DSCF0353.JPG
    DSCF0353.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0355.JPG
    DSCF0355.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0358.JPG
    DSCF0358.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0360.JPG
    DSCF0360.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0377.JPG
    DSCF0377.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 49
That will look really nice when its finished,,,,have the rain channels been removed or is that standard? what engine does it have? fulvia probably has better one :) only kiddin. Rear end looks like a bit like a Viva

Thanks twoforty. Does not have rain channels as standard, as is in picture. I think the rear profile is not its best view, but I thought that, but seeing it in the flesh, it is better than I thought. Standard engine is 1.6L...R series engine.

Good to see such a classic rescued.

Don't tell me - you're going to put a Skyline engine in it! :eek:

Back