Daikou Nights @ Caffeine and Machine

richiep

Club Member
Tim, can you remember Wyn who worked at a vehicle dismantlers and had an S30 with a TVR engine in it? He then built an RB engined car and spent time at Santa Pod usually breaking something Well it was his.
I'd totally forgotten about the TVR-engined car! Has anyone crossed paths with it since? Seemed to drop totally off the radar.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I suddenly feel very nostalgic, not to mention old.

I was living and working in Japan when the Yokohama bay Bridge first opened in late 1989. Previously all sorts of interesting cars and bikes used to gather in Honmoku Wharf on the Yokohama side of the bay and at Shibaura and the docks on the Kawasaki & Tokyo side. The new bridge made it possible to drive all around the bayshore 'Wangan' on the Shuto Expressway and over into Yokohama, joining the two.

Of course, parking up on the big parking and rest area at Daikoku soon became a place to meet up and look at what everyone was driving. My impressions were that it was almost a microcosm of Japanese car culture tribes, a kind of automotive Galapagos Islands. Great times.

TB24O

Club Member
Tim, can you remember Wyn who worked at a vehicle dismantlers and had an S30 with a TVR engine in it? He then built an RB engined car and spent time at Santa Pod usually breaking something Well it was his.
Hi Rob, hope you’re well, can remember him, watched him down Santa pod a few times
Thanks Rob

candy red

Club Member
No offence to Jay or anyone who owns this car but to me it will always be Wyn’s car what a great build fastest Z I’ve be in with a Nutter at the wheel (Wyn 😉) real cool car 😎

Attachments

• IMG_2065.png
    IMG_2065.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Farmer42

Club Member
No offence to Jay or anyone who owns this car but to me it will always be Wyn’s car what a great build fastest Z I’ve be in with a Nutter at the wheel (Wyn 😉) real cool car 😎

Huw and I tried to follow Wyn and his Missus in that car in a drive across South Wales & the Brecons a few years back. That car was a monster and sounded awesome especially in the tunnels at Monmouth. He was a nice guy too. I did wonder what happened to him and that car.

Reactions: Huw

candy red

Club Member
Huw and I tried to follow Wyn and his Missus in that car in a drive across South Wales & the Brecons a few years back. That car was a monster and sounded awesome especially in the tunnels at Monmouth. He was a nice guy too. I did wonder what happened to him and that car.
He still comes on the forum now and then and yes a really nice guy 🤓

Healey 12

Club Member
View attachment 61471

I have been talking to a few members about a get together @ Caffeine and Machine. It has been suggested , that as hopefully a few members will be coming a decent distance , there is a preference for a weekend meet up .

A few suggested dates for a 10.00 Am meeting are as follows:

Saturday 27th April:

Saturday 25th May or
Sunday 26Th of May .

Once the date is decided on, those coming will need to book a parking space ASAP .
Hope a decent few of us can make it.

David

TB24O

Club Member
Yes up for the April date ,pre season shakedown for us all , shake the cob-webs off after winter lay up and before Donington club meet the following week.Hoping for a early spring and some sunshine to greet us all. More members the merrier
Regards Tim

Jay.

Club Member
I'd be keen for a meet up too! You could put a poll out to see which dates suit?

I'll be heading to the Daikoku Weekend, on the 24th of Feb around midday for some lunch.