Classic Z Register

Arkwright

Inactive
with reference to Bens post and Steve Burns' reply (Thanks to Zbirdy 10.31/22/9/05 and 11.01 of today) regarding the link to the Classic Z register.

Can someone please explain the origin of the apparent animosity between the two clubs. As a comparative new comer I don't understand the reason for it.

Because they wont post our link why do we have to delete theirs. Surely we have to be building bridges not perpetuating old fueds.

We advertise ourselves as 'one club, all the cars.' But we aren't. Are we?

Hi Derek,
" Tit for Tat", I presume. I agree that 'building bridges
is the way forwards. Our Z Club, can achieve higher status &
esteem if we are seen to be above, cut throat & competitive
deprivence. In my world, I was brought up with the saying:
'Keep the enemy sweet'.................DJZ 60.:cool:
( that's not saying that they are the enemy,but you know what I mean,Harry).:)

Can someone please explain the origin of the apparent animosity between the two clubs. As a comparative new comer I don't understand the reason for it.

derek the reason for the split from the z club to form the classic z register could not possibly be disclosed on this forum for fear of litigation. back under the rock for me ben

derek the reason for the split from the z club to form the classic z register could not possibly be disclosed on this forum for fear of litigation. back under the rock for me ben
Yes it could Ben and I probably will.
It will tread on a few toes, but that is one of my main aims on the forum, so I dont care.
It aint gonna happen right now, as I have nore important things to be doing today(like cutting my toe nails and watching some polish dry on my windows)
Ther are still a few people around who still harbour the odd grudge or two, but they are in a minority.
The rest of us (royal we!) just dont give a f***.
Its only a car club, of no significance at all in real life.

Me too, I know why - And sometimes ignorance is bluiss !
Silly reasons and now, no longer valid !

I say this, exchanges of hyper-links are always voluntary on the net although polite when one party does it, it is dis-respectful (and arrogant ?) not to reciprocate !
The Z Club should continue to TRY and be the reference and include all links.

If the other party doesn't reply in kind, I think that answers your questions Derek and Jez and you need look no further !

Too right! it is only a virtual web-site,& you should'nt
neglect,your wife & kid's & mates & car's!
Russ nice move on the 'Zorro' logo.(members).
DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Derek Sulley said:
Surely we have to be building bridges not perpetuating old fueds.
one of the problems in building bridges is that you start working at it one year then after a few years work at it you think just this last small section that connects the large bridge you have built and you find that place has been moved away so you extend that bridge a bit further (taking another couple of years) you construct the next part of the bridge and you lower in to place again and hey ho you find the grounds moved away again and again

what I have also learned from my attempts to build a bridge is that for a bridge to be constructed both starting and ending places want that bridge to be built

If Brunel had been in charge of the bridge that has been attempted to be built over the last fifteen years he would have commited suicide with the ammout of times he has been thwarted

"for a bridge to be constructed both starting and ending places want that bridge to be built" - then you just build your half and wait for the other side to be built when the others recognise it !
To deliberately knock down your side because the others haven't built their half is.....well, pick an adjective !
And I would add Mr Burns that you should perhaps not be judging upon this matter as you have been too personally involved :) !

All the reasons why there was a split are gone and out of date. A lot of water has gone under the bridge, flowed out into the sea, sucked up in clouds and is, at this very moment on it's way to pass under the bridge again.

Efforts to 're-unite' are worthless, their IS nothing to reunite - concentrate any energy on keeping this club alive and in very good health. Re-install the link, don't, maybe, maybe not - whatever, but let's not waste time on a subject that doesn't warrant it !

Oh heck, re-install the link just to prove we're bigger and better in spirit, or is that 'spiwit, and don't forget to thwrow him to the floor wery woughly' !

[QUOTE)Efforts to 're-unite' are worthless, their IS nothing to reunite - concentrate any energy on keeping this club alive and in very good health.
Precisely.
There is indeed nothing to Re-unite and nothing to be gained from attempting it.

So let's be big and put the link in - leave the pettiness (and there has been some class action there) to others !

Hi,
Their original link was obsolete when I took over the links section.
I did email the Z Register (www.s30.org) about a reciprocal link, as we were at one time sending their site considerable traffic for no return!
John did say that they would put a link to the Z Club in their links section, but I'm still waiting!
I shall shortly be contacting all the sites in the links section to ask them the same question!...So their link may reappear when this happens.
In the meantime, their site is about a year out of date, with very little of interest to our members anyway!
I shall be deleting other out of date sites and broken links as I find them too.
Cheerz,
JEZ
p.s. Perhaps they don't want their members to see how good a site we've got here!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
"p.s. Perhaps they don't want their members to see how good a site we've got here!" perhaps or rather "their site is about a year out of date" !

Hi,
All the old animosity pre dates my membership of the Z Club and I'm more interested in getting links to current web sites than any political clap trap.
A few old club site links should disappear soon, hopefully to be replaced by new links when I get the time!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Back