Buying Guide | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Buying Guide

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) General' started by Rob Gaskin, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

A Guide to the development of the 240Z/260Z and what you need to know before viewing/buying one:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Great guide. Thanks Rob!

3. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

4. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Who is John Newlyn?

5. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

Z Register honcho.......... or is this question another one of your tongue in cheek japes :D

6. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

Regardless, is he the Z Reg Albrecht? Did I just commit a sin in that sentence and need to go meditate on mount Fiji to cleanse my spirit?

7. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

They contacted me actually and I suggested they try the Z Register. I wasn't happy with the 'press' after my Classic Car Weekly experience. Also they want you to do all the work and they get paid!

I suggested in this day and age the best advice for anyone wanting to buy a car is to join a club, learn from members and then discuss specific cars for sale.

Books are great for reference and history/development of a car but if you are thinking of buying a car you need to see it, take someone with you who knows them from experience and drive it if poss.

I actually said that you wouldn't find a wife from reading about women in a book.

Perhaps I was a bit strong.

8. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

ROFLMAO - utterly brilliant Rob! I tried that for years!!!!

On a more serious note though, the classic and sports car thing left me feeling a little less enthusiastic too. Despite all the fan fare and promises before the photoshoot, when I asked for 6 copies of the magazine for my time, I was told to go buy them. But I didn give up and they did eventually concede. I never heard about paying my expenses either.

I do feel they are a little too self absorbed and forget the fact that people put personal time in; if nothing else a symbolic gesture keeps them supporting the magazines.

9. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

This time, its not! I thought we had the marque expert?

As a side note, whats the classic Z register like? Is it a magazine based club?

10. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

From what little I know, I think they are more into the purity / originality of S30s and less into the mods etc. I only know of them though their FB presence.

But here's a good read ...

https://www.s30.org/index.php/about-us