BRE Lookalike

10yd paint job - 1/4 light rubber overspray - same thing under the doors, SHITE dash cap, crappy door-cards, tatty 'Z' rear wing emblem, tacky carpets, 'rusty' steering wheel........

And tell me what's JDM about it - LHD and Datsun written all over it................?

Wannabe.............tarted up for a quick sale - shame because on first sight - it's not bad !

10yd paint job - 1/4 light rubber overspray - same thing under the doors, SHITE dash cap, crappy door-cards, tatty 'Z' rear wing emblem, tacky carpets, 'rusty' steering wheel........

And tell me what's JDM about it - LHD and Datsun written all over it................?

Wannabe.............tarted up for a quick sale - shame because on first sight - it's not bad !

Guess you don't like it then Sean :D

well i for one thinks it looks great,the paint job looks to be quite good and the wheels,exhaust etc really set the car off as a BRE replica

but if you read the discription it is not a mint car but like most things Z car related it really needs to be seen in the flesh

You've missed the rough engine bay.
Thanks.........I got bored of listing.....

I want to like it - the conception is great - the execution is sad ! I'm almost expecting big, lumpy speakers in the door-cards and an electric window conversion.

Moggy, as the clubs' valuer - you worry me - you're a pro !

"the paint job looks to be quite good and the wheels,exhaust etc really set the car off as a BRE replica".

It's been painted with the windows in place - therefore not down to bare metal with all that may entail later. And the wheels are nothing like the BRE cars.

Don't take it badly, I was just expecting a more serious evaluation on the paint, prepeartion etc.

I still insist that I love the concept but WHY ? can't people do it thoroughly ?

Another nice 240. It's cryng out for my mechanicals :thumbs:

Ok Sean, by 'nice' I didn't mean concours I meant I would like it as a track car. The worst bit for me is the engine bay - it should be white and tidy.

I agree with all you've said but it does look 'sporty', that's why you like it.

Personally I like it, Sean has annoying habit of talking out his arse most of the time in my opinion:unsure: ;)

It's a 40 year old car so I wasn't expecting to see some spotless trailer Queen, I really like the colour scheme and could do something similar to mine maybe in the future seeing at it's red already.

Rob

...Sean has annoying habit of talking out his arse most of the time in my opinion:unsure: ;)

Funnily enough, that's pretty much what I think of you.

I'd much rather have an online 'conversation' / exchange of ideas with Sean than you. Even a slightly rusty épée is sharper than a 10lb club hammer.

:smash:

Funnily enough, that's pretty much what I think of you.

I'd much rather have an online 'conversation' / exchange of ideas with Sean than you. Even a slightly rusty épée is sharper than a 10lb club hammer.

:smash:

Nice analogy my friend.

By the way I don't remember asking you to listen to or read any of my thoughts on any subject at all :confused::unsure:.

As far as the onion muncher goes you can suck up all you like :rolleyes:, But I still quite like the car posted in the link and don't feel the need to pick holes in everything I see ;).

Rob

"the paint job looks to be quite good and the wheels,exhaust etc really set the car off as a BRE replica".

It's been painted with the windows in place - therefore not down to bare metal with all that may entail later. And the wheels are nothing like the BRE cars.

Don't take it badly, I was just expecting a more serious evaluation on the paint, prepeartion etc.

sorry sean i did not realise i was doing a valuation on the car,i paint cars for living not valuations.like most replicas very few are exactly like the original and like i said ....You need to seen it in the flesh !!!!!!!!!!

its not a perfect car but that does not stop it from being liked

By the way I don't remember asking you to listen to or read any of my thoughts on any subject at all :confused::unsure:.

You are welcome to hold your own opinion about Sean Dezart, but the moment you commit it to writing on this forum it is open to comment from others.

I think your comment about Sean was rude, needlessly personal and - dare I say it - stinks up the place for no constructive reason. It lowers the tone of the forum, and anyone looking 'in' from 'outside' will be very unlikely to regard this forum, or the club that it is attached to, in high regard when they read it.

Nothing wrong with plain speaking, but - like your 10lb club hammer - you might like to keep it in reserve for when it will be most effective.

You - I think - could do a bit better if you tried.

Bonsoir,

Monsieur Le Cul ici....

The Count doesn't suck up - he's been my most vociferous ball-breaker here - such sharp satire but I respect him.

I want to resepct you too and you are entitled to your opinion, private and/or public BUT in public be prepared to substantiate it !

What problem (s) exactly do you have with what I said ?

I want to like it - the conception is great - the execution is sad ! I'm almost expecting big, lumpy speakers in the door-cards and an electric window conversion.

Don't take it badly, I was just expecting a more serious evaluation on the paint, preperation etc.

I still insist that I love the concept but WHY ? can't people do it thoroughly ?

I like the concept - but I wouldn't buy this car for over $6000 - is THAT clear enough ?

Like I said :

.....WHY ? can't people do it thoroughly ? ..........tarted up for a quick sale - shame because on first sight - it's not bad !

Like I said :

.....WHY ? can't people do it thoroughly ? ..........tarted up for a quick sale - shame because on first sight - it's not bad !

Probably didn't have the funds, unless it's just been tarted up for selling. New carpets & a bit done to the engine would have been a start.

Back