Black Dragon Automotive

Huw

Club Member
Sign of a shrinking market, just seen an email from Black Dragon Automotive that they are closing down.

I think that part of Long Motor Corporation is stopping doing Mazda and Datsun parts ...

I don't know what other parts they do for other cars ...

If the market isn't there, then sometimes there is no alternative ... sadly.

Sign of a shrinking market,

If the market isn't there, then sometimes there is no alternative ... sadly.

What are you guys saying ?

More people than ever are buying, importing, converting and restoring their Zs.....just perhaps not from BDA !

Our club has two supplier discount schemes active with some large single orders and freqent group-buys.....BDA never replied to my mails requesting something similar.:(

They are closing for a reason ... maybe they're not very well run!

Who knows ... I have never bought from them but might have a look as they reckon they're dropping the prices to shift stock remaining. Maybe they should have done that in the first place.

Obviously their European and worldwide sales will be a drop in the Atlantic compared to their US sales ... maybe the margin wasn't there. Maybe they want to divert funds into a more profitable area of their business. Good luck to them.

I called them a few weeks ago for a front bumper...same price as FutoFab but several weeks out. FutoFab shipped the next day.

Can't say I ever ordered anything from them either, just a shame that option is no longer there though.

Just checked out some of there prices.
Looks like they are selling of what they have at less than half price.

Most of what I ordered and all of what I really wanted went on back order even though it said it was in stock. Back order will not be fulfilled as they are not buying in any more stock, QED: It's all gone.

Methinks if it's all gone already (no idea when they announced they were closing down though) - they never had a lot in the first place! hence Mike's bumpers out of stock - or never in stock ever probably ...

Methinks if it's all gone already (no idea when they announced they were closing down though) - they never had a lot in the first place! hence Mike's bumpers out of stock - or never in stock ever probably ...

And probably bought via Futofab at a discount to them !

Anyone got experience with the Futofab bumpers? Any good?

SacCyclone's comment above would suggest he has direct experience.

I'd hazard a guess that all the sellers of the current chromed reproductions (with no holes for corner rubbers) are sourcing them from the same factory.

Chromed as against stainless-steel.

Was hoping to order some chromed FRP from Craig ( they have done them previously) but apparently the chrome process was not up to a standard they could sell.

Can't justify £ 800 for Harringtons.

Have used Futofab before, very good quality but the poor $ exchange rate and high shipping costs means they are also expensive now.

DO NOT BUY HARRINGTON BUMPERS!

Please see my thread earlier this year to give some idea of why.

Was hoping to order some chromed FRP from Craig ( they have done them previously) but apparently the chrome process was not up to a standard they could sell.

Can't justify £ 800 for Harringtons.

Have used Futofab before, very good quality but the poor $ exchange rate and high shipping costs means they are also expensive now.

"The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten ..."

Apparently!

I have purchased 2 sets of fronts and 1 set of rears from FutoFab. The rears are not supplied with bumper bolts to connect both corner pieces to the center section...be prepared for that.

All in all, the chrome quality was good on all pieces and I did not notice any imperfections in that regard.

As far as fitment, I was happy with the rear all around. One of the fronts fit very well, the other had to be arm wrestled into position and spacers used on the fender (wing) attachment.

In the end I was happy with them and would order again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back