Best place to sell a z

AD240Z

Club Member
Obviously ill be listing mine on here , but to get out to a wider audience - where is the best place to be for the money .

Might need to consider VAT on some of these too...............

Ebay - About £20 to list + 1% of the final fee

Collecting cars - buyers fees are 7.2 % of the final selling price

Matthewsons - 5% or 7.5% + £40 entry - % dependant on sale price

Car and Classic - minimum commission fee or 6%

Pistonheads Auctions - The non-refundable buyer’s fee is 6% of the selling price + VAT, up to a maximum of £5,000 + VAT.

I'm based in North Yorksire - and dont fancy any of the big auction houses etc. I listed Matthesons as its close by - but id rather get it out to an audience and take it from there .

I dont do facebook - so marketplace is a no-no .

Makesy

Club Member
Good summary, thank you!

Marketplace has its uses but I'm not sure I could be bothered selling a car on there.

So many lowballers and time wasters, but worst of all are the people that arrange to purchase and then just don't turn up.

Paul_S

Club Member
I've always wondered if the buyers and / or sellers on Matthewsons ever get any cash for appearing on the show.

I guess not but would be interested to know.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
I’d be cautious of putting it to auction nothing seems to be making the money atm and gets branded with a price tag of what ever the highest bid is at the time .

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It's a terrible time to sell at the moment. I'd take the hit on storage fees and wait until people have more money to spend.

AD240Z

Club Member
It's a terrible time to sell at the moment. I'd take the hit on storage fees and wait until people have more money to spend.

I know - but its a good time to buy - which is the main driver here .....:)

I might have to consider this in the short term as i may need the garage space ( and the money )

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Which seems to tell you everything but the cost ...?? From £29.99 .

There are only 4 listed and mine would sit at the lower end

It's always worked for me and no time waters. I advised someone to sell hus Z32 on there and it sold!

Zedman

Well-Known Forum User
Obviously ill be listing mine on here , but to get out to a wider audience - where is the best place to be for the money .

Might need to consider VAT on some of these too...............

Ebay - About £20 to list + 1% of the final fee

Collecting cars - buyers fees are 7.2 % of the final selling price

Matthewsons - 5% or 7.5% + £40 entry - % dependant on sale price

Car and Classic - minimum commission fee or 6%

Pistonheads Auctions - The non-refundable buyer’s fee is 6% of the selling price + VAT, up to a maximum of £5,000 + VAT.

I'm based in North Yorksire - and dont fancy any of the big auction houses etc. I listed Matthesons as its close by - but id rather get it out to an audience and take it from there .

I dont do facebook - so marketplace is a no-no .
What are you selling and what’s your price?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator

Zedman

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks, thought so but wasn’t sure. No official threads or price on the white car which is why I asked.

AD240Z

Club Member
Thanks, thought so but wasn’t sure. No official threads or price on the white car which is why I asked.

The white 70 is still as described in the thread - I haven’t done any more to it and need to put a listing together .

I didn’t put a price on it at the time , as was hoping to have it running .

Pm me if you’re looking for something like it - I’ll get a load of photos together - I can video it - whatever .

Happy to provide more info . 👍

Zedman

Well-Known Forum User
The white 70 is still as described in the thread - I haven’t done any more to it and need to put a listing together .

I didn’t put a price on it at the time , as was hoping to have it running .

Pm me if you’re looking for something like it - I’ll get a load of photos together - I can video it - whatever .

Happy to provide more info . 👍
Thanks. If it was RHD I might have been interested but I guess if it was then the price would be significantly higher too. Thanks tho!

AD240Z

Club Member
Thanks. If it was RHD I might have been interested but I guess if it was then the price would be significantly higher too. Thanks tho!

I didn’t put a price on the white one yet .

But If it’s a RHD specifically you’re looking for - fully understand .

You can always pm me an offer if you change your mind .

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator

You won't find a cheap RHD. If it looks cheap, the costs are just hiding in rust and poor bodywork repair.

Makesy

Club Member
I've always wondered if the buyers and / or sellers on Matthewsons ever get any cash for appearing on the show.

I guess not but would be interested to know.

I can confirm that they don't. I was invited to show my car on their spin off series but there was no compensation offered. It became too much hassle to organise so I never bothered featuring in the end.

Zedman

Well-Known Forum User
You won't find a cheap RHD. If it looks cheap, the costs are just hiding in rust and poor bodywork repair.
One mans cheap is another man’s expensive. I don’t believe I used the word cheap, but then I don’t consider £25k cheap. lol