Anyone know what this switch is for?

Bazzateer

Club Member
The one between the hazard and rear delisted switches?

Attachments

• 20200217_130057.jpg
    20200217_130057.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 107

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
It's not an original factory-fitted switch. It will have been fitted by a previous owner.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
How many positions does the switch have? Could be a switch for the power aerial.

Last edited:

chris frizzell

Club Member
has your car got A/C ? may but for that or some additional lights take a look by removing the centre console ,they come off quite easy

chris frizzell

Club Member
fitting a radio cassette in my 280z this weekend but i think you would have the aerial in the start and radio power so no switch needed . these cars have some dodgy wiring at the best of times . do your indicators work as they run through the hazard switch and it could be a bypass . do worry if in doult take it too bits just take loads of pictures

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Easiest way is to take out the 5 bolts holding the console in place and trace it. My Monet would be on aerial too!

toopy

Club Member
Manual override for an electric fan, if fitted

or far less likely but way more fun...... smoke screen or maybe initialisation switch for front mounted machine guns (is there an apparently redundant button around the steering wheel somewhere?! :D)

Bazzateer

Club Member
Manual override for an electric fan, if fitted

or far less likely but way more fun...... smoke screen or maybe initialisation switch for front mounted machine guns (is there an apparently redundant button around the steering wheel somewhere?! :D)
Could be for the fan, it has twin electric fans fitted. One of the little jobs to do is to tidy up the wiring on the fans and horns.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Finally got around to pulling this switch and it was indeed for the aerial although unconnected. It's an on-off-on momentary switch. The fitted stereo (no front panel so not working) was connected to the aerial so the new stereo will be wired the same. Just need a blank to replace this one with.