A very cool socket tool and Diesel or Petrol conundrum !!! ;)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I defo need one of these ....

8d091cc3b309ef35ef0af5b19cb0bdc1.jpg

https://yuitu.co/products/roto

Not necessarily for the Z, but to do anything at all in here ...

f81e0bfb37e602fd945ed8f85a796d17.jpg

Paul_S

Club Member
I like that! I guess depending on which side you put the socket it might be a struggle to hold it still whilst applying a turning force.

I'm very tempted...

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User

Do you work on that yourself?

I've done a few bits on my daily driver (3.0 TDi) but the most essential tool has been the VAGCOM and laptop. Oh, that and some long barbecue skewers to unblock the cowl drain plugs every other week...

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yes sir! I do all my own maintenance on this and the Q5. The full version of VAGCOM/VCDS I have found to be invaluable and saved a lot of money in the last 10 years; On mine and friends’ / family’s cars. Except for needing to have the hands of a child, I do find the Audis easier to work on than the Z as the PC tells me what’s wrong and things are just a quick bolt off/on affair.

The other thing I did was to turn on a load of deactivated optional extra features they charge silly money for.

Your 3.0 TDI is a torque monster! You can pull a house with that beast! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] And I bet you are doing better than my 23MPG long term average. Then again, I guess I didn’t buy this car for its fuel economy - the engine growl is very addictive.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I like that! I guess depending on which side you put the socket it might be a struggle to hold it still whilst applying a turning force.

I'm very tempted...

Pail I was just thinking it would be very useful for the front bumper install and rear hub / shaft but removal. I guess it depends on if it can handle 200lbft for the latter. [emoji848]

Mr.G

Club Member
I defo need one of these ....

8d091cc3b309ef35ef0af5b19cb0bdc1.jpg

https://yuitu.co/products/roto

Nice, it would be good also if they did a longer version for really hard to get to places.

Paul_S - I have a similar set as those you posted but they also have another joint, so double jointed. They were not easy to find and if anyone needs something like this give me a shout and I will pull up the make. It was a purchase from the NEC Restoration show last year, it has proved to be an invaluable purchase for doing some hard to get to bolts in the engine bay.

Paul_S

Club Member
Nice, it would be good also if they did a longer version for really hard to get to places.

Paul_S - I have a similar set as those you posted but they also have another joint, so double jointed. They were not easy to find and if anyone needs something like this give me a shout and I will pull up the make. It was a purchase from the NEC Restoration show last year, it has proved to be an invaluable purchase for doing some hard to get to bolts in the engine bay.
I wonder if you could join 2 of them together?

Yes please - I would be interested :)

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Your 3.0 TDI is a torque monster! You can pull a house with that beast! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] And I bet you are doing better than my 23MPG long term average. Then again, I guess I didn’t buy this car for its fuel economy - the engine growl is very addictive.

Yes, it tows very nicely and the 3.0TDi is a good match with the Tiptronic auto and quattro, but the car is getting very long in the tooth now and I'll need to find something Euro 6 compliant soonish as the ULEZ extension will be very close to home. It's pretty good for MPG on a long run, but terrible around town and often being tempted to put it in Sport mode makes things even worse...

Don't know what to replace it with, but a TFSI engined model (if I stick with the brand) seems like a possibile option. I'm conflicted!

Mr.G

Club Member
Good point Paul maybe that could work.

Here are the double jointed ones i bought, was so pleased when i saw them as i was after something like this for ages.

upload_2020-3-20_16-26-49.png

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yes, it tows very nicely and the 3.0TDi is a good match with the Tiptronic auto and quattro, but the car is getting very long in the tooth now and I'll need to find something Euro 6 compliant soonish as the ULEZ extension will be very close to home. It's pretty good for MPG on a long run, but terrible around town and often being tempted to put it in Sport mode makes things even worse...

Don't know what to replace it with, but a TFSI engined model (if I stick with the brand) seems like a possibile option. I'm conflicted!

I can totally understand the conflict - that diesel as you say suits the rest of the car VERY well! If it’s any consolation the 3.2 does about 14-17 mpg on the school run and the 2.0TDI Q5 doesn’t do too much better on a cold day.

The new generation of 2.0TFSi engines have great performance and diesel scaring economy. You will miss that torque. Having said that, I have mapped virtually every turbo engine I’ve owned to great effect and no issues with reliability.

The problem with ULEZ is that at present it’s Euro6 for diesels and Euro 4 for cars but you just don’t know how they will change that in the future. Euro 7 is due to be implemented at the end of this year but given what’s happening I’d be amazed if London goes Euro 7 anytime soon. So basically any diesel post spent 2015 is potentially in scope for you. How about another 3.0 TDI? That and the 1.9TDi PD were the most reliable engines ever produced by VAG.

A 2016 A4 Avant 3.0 TDI is doing 215BHP and 295 lbft. Supposedly averages 5pg.

The same car with a 2.0TFI of the same vintage is doing 249 BHP and 273lbft and if you believe the official figures averages 46mpg. With a gentle map that car would go over 300lbft. :D

I don’t think I’ve helped!

@Mr G - I love those spanners and have used the Bergen brand lots before. They seem to be good quality so far!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
De : Petergay from Yuitu [mailto:support@helpcontact.org]
Envoyé : vendredi 20 mars 2020 13:16
À : SEAN DEZART <seanz@wanadoo.fr>
Objet : Your Yuitu Order - COVID-19

Hello SEAN,

Thanks so much for your recent order with our company! I'm writing to let you know that we're currently shipping from our overseas fulfillment warehouse, which means that due to the current climate of COVID-19, there have been significant delays with shipping in and out of the country.

What this means for your order is that we're currently looking at about 4-5 weeks estimated delivery time. If you would like to process a refund, that's okay, we can handle that. But if you're willing to wait, that's the time frame we are currently expecting. This is just a courtesy update, there's no requirement to reply to this email. But if you do have any questions or concerns, we're always available!

Kindest regards,
Client Support

Stay diesel Alan.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
De : Petergay from Yuitu [mailto:support@helpcontact.org]
Envoyé : vendredi 20 mars 2020 13:16
À : SEAN DEZART <seanz@wanadoo.fr>
Objet : Your Yuitu Order - COVID-19

Hello SEAN,

Thanks so much for your recent order with our company! I'm writing to let you know that we're currently shipping from our overseas fulfillment warehouse, which means that due to the current climate of COVID-19, there have been significant delays with shipping in and out of the country.

What this means for your order is that we're currently looking at about 4-5 weeks estimated delivery time. If you would like to process a refund, that's okay, we can handle that. But if you're willing to wait, that's the time frame we are currently expecting. This is just a courtesy update, there's no requirement to reply to this email. But if you do have any questions or concerns, we're always available!

Kindest regards,
Client Support

Stay diesel Alan.

???

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
What don't you understand Alan ?

The fact that I advise you all there there might be a significant delay in delivery of these tools due to Covid-19 or that my advice to you is stay with a diesel engined car ?

However, which one is complicated - even our local Audi garage owner wouldn't know which to choose with all their inherent faults..like just about every other manufacturer.

All I know is that our 2006 Kia Sedona 2.9 tdi recently passed it's 'MOT' here and was cleaner than most younger cars despite or perhaps because of being reprogrammed for more torque and power. And it pulls like a train too.

Not the prettiest but I have a Z for that. Capacious, 35mpg and 22 when towing a car.

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 32260718_10157395995811982_949648171435294720_o.jpg
    32260718_10157395995811982_949648171435294720_o.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 23

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
:) Not often are two original turbos together.....and one with a little 'MZR touch'.

Attachments

• 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 30

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
What don't you understand Alan ?

The fact that I advise you all there there might be a significant delay in delivery of these tools due to Covid-19 or that my advice to you is stay with a diesel engined car ?

I got the "stay with Diesel Alan" bit, but couldn't work out why 'Petergay from Yuitu' was telling me...

You might want to try a bit of formatting to help avoid laying the non-sequitur elephant traps for us lateral thinkers?

By the way, I fear I can't stick with modern turbo diesel power - much as I like it - because the Zeitgeist, here in London especially, seems to be that Diesel = Dirty. My hunch is that the powers-that-be will completely outlaw private Diesel use within the extended ULEZ at some point in the foreseeable future. They'll have their extended zone powers from late 2021, and I can only see it lasting a short time before they'll ramp up the pressure. They'll hit Diesel - regardless of Euro [number] compliance, which they already know is not Real World - first. Petrol will have to have a few years extra stay of execution.