3D 280zx model

Tony

Active Forum User
Hi all, not sure if anybody will be interested in this but I do 3D computer modelling as a hobby and my next model is going to be a 280zx 2+2 targa. I used to be a member on here many years ago so I have reference photos of my own car to use but would like to thank Mike Feeney for supplying the blueprints that have come in very handy, thanks Mike. I’ve posted three renders so far… first a start on the bonnet with what is called a wire frame preview and the last one of the Aston Martin DB5 of which is a render that I’ve not long finished to give you an idea of the completed job. This is a long process when all you have is spare time to complete it so I’ll post updates as and when I get bits done BUT if nobody is interested in this I’ll close the thread as I don’t want it to turn into a spam thread :unsure:

Many thanks guys

regards

Tony
11420d1363369362-3d-280zx-model-bonnet-jpg

11421d1363369362-3d-280zx-model-bonnet-wire-jpg

11422d1363369362-3d-280zx-model-aston-studio-front-new-jpg

Attachments

• Bonnet.jpg
    Bonnet.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 160
  • Bonnet Wire.jpg
    Bonnet Wire.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Aston Studio Front New.jpg
    Aston Studio Front New.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite the same but found this ages ago on the web and was going to put it on the home page but would be to big
123908d1310365648-1973-datsun-240z-350-chevy-motor-screenshotsssss4.gif

The principal is the same Steve, just a different package and method. You can get a free 3D package called Blender and from what I hear its quite good or you could buy 3d studio max for about £3000 and upwards :D

Hi all, looking for a bit of help :bow: can anybody tell me the distance between the two targa panels on the top... many thanks :thumbs:

Attachments

• Targa.jpg
    Targa.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi Tony sorry for my ignorance i thought this was an actual model,just out of interest what exactly is it your offering and what would it be used for .

thanks Derrick

Hi Tony sorry for my ignorance i thought this was an actual model,just out of interest what exactly is it your offering and what would it be used for .

thanks Derrick

3d models are used in the film industry for all those special effects you see, they're also used in computer games & advertising etc the list is endless. Some people model human muscles and skeletons for teaching/lecturing purposes. Not offering anything here apart from seeing if anybody is interested in the procedure as its a 280zx also hoping people may help with a little info now and again :)

Update

Hi all, might not look like much of an update but there's a lot of small details that if they weren't there you would notice :D hope you like it so far... if you notice any errors please let me know :cheers:

11429d1363785903-3d-280zx-model-3-jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't suppose you have access to a CAD controlled milling machine... you could make some badass molds for composite panels! Very impressive work, what sort of poly count is it for a full car model?

I don't suppose you have access to a CAD controlled milling machine... you could make some badass molds for composite panels! Very impressive work, what sort of poly count is it for a full car model?

Really depends on the car but the Ford Probe that I did was 119176 inc' interior. The style of wheels can add a lot more, the Aston DB5 with the spoked wheels added a lot. The poly count on what you see above is 9256 at the moment... and rising :D

Ever thought about looking for work with a games studio? That's about what current tech allows for in racing sims!

Back