280Z.....'G'

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thinking that the European market wants LHD just as the UK is 95% obsessed with RHD - no point comparing a tatty JDM model - is that the price landed here, registered etc ?

Move along please unless we compare like for like - a similar conditioned LHD 240Z with a G-nose kit and the rest of the goodies on this car ?

Thinking that the European market wants LHD just as the UK is 95% obsessed with RHD - no point comparing a tatty JDM model - is that the price landed here, registered etc ?

Move along please unless we compare like for like - a similar conditioned LHD 240Z with a G-nose kit and the rest of the goodies on this car ?

Sean, its expensive for a 280z. Its got a very nicely done body, nothing else 'special'. Its a nice car, just not a 45k nice car.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sean, its expensive for a 280z. Its got a very nicely done body, nothing else 'special'. Its a nice car, just not a 45k nice car.

Opinion - give me reasons.

It's a turnkey S30 with, for Europe, a rear and original look. The mechanics are great with a little extra and the inside whereas not to everyones' taste is faultless.

Restore and prepare one today to this standard and tell me how much it cost.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
As you know, cost is no guide to value. Do 280z's sell for 45k in Europe?

Opinion - give me reasons.

It's a turnkey S30 with, for Europe, a rear and original look. The mechanics are great with a little extra and the inside whereas not to everyones' taste is faultless.

Restore and prepare one today to this standard and tell me how much it cost.

its much much easier to find a 280z in perfect condition. I agree the body with be very good, however even in the UK you could take the very best off the boat280z, spend 15k having the body and stuff done the same and still be 15k in pocket.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
its much much easier to find a 280z in perfect condition. I agree the body with be very good, however even in the UK you could take the very best off the boat280z, spend 15k having the body and stuff done the same and still be 15k in pocket.
That's because you guys don't value LHD as we do !

http://www.leparking.fr/voiture-occasion-detail/datsun-260z/datsun-260z-francaise-2-2/1YF2H69W.html

Asking prices - yes but I know for how much 'belle' 280Zs go and these rarely go on the public marketplace.

That's because you guys don't value LHD as we do !

http://www.leparking.fr/voiture-occasion-detail/datsun-260z/datsun-260z-francaise-2-2/1YF2H69W.html

Asking prices - yes but I know for how much 'belle' 280Zs go and these rarely go on the public marketplace.

How can you say that? I value lhd to me the same as rhd. I had all the parts for conversion, just didn’t do it as it seemed pointless on a nice shell. That’s someone who values lhd.

Post up as many links to cars for sale, that maroon(ish) car has been for sale for a good while. That’s for a reason

johnymd

Club Member
Well I think this is an exceptional car and and the attention to detail from Roma’s is superb. I don’t think you can build a car to this quality for anywhere near £15k but then this is just IMO.

Well I think this is an exceptional car and and the attention to detail from Roma’s is superb. I don’t think you can build a car to this quality for anywhere near £15k but then this is just IMO.

What do you think it’s ‘worth’?

I’m not taking anything away from this car. As I’ve said, it’s got a very well done body.

It’s much easier to get a really good 280 so is 15k for paint-body kit really that far away? I can’t see it being? Even at expensive body shops

Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
How can you say that? I value lhd to me the same as rhd. I had all the parts for conversion, just didn’t do it as it seemed pointless on a nice shell. That’s someone who values lhd.

Post up as many links to cars for sale, that maroon(ish) car has been for sale for a good while. That’s for a reason

Don't make this personal - how many times has it been said on here "ah, but it's LHD" ? There is an obvious discrimination and it's perfectly understandable - the same thing happens here only a bit less for British sportscars - MGBs etc because they were originally so in the home market. The same logic has never applied here to Japanese cars - less 'charm' about them I guess, less of the oldy-worldy wood (or fake wood) dash, quint wipers that wipe nothing at the touch of a toggle switch halfway over towards the passenger and none of the 'Big Moustache' effect aka Terry Thomas made famous in France in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Grande_Vadrouille !

I never said it is worth the asking price did I ? Happy to share another well-restored Z with yo'all !

What do you think it’s ‘worth’?

I’m not taking anything away from this car. As I’ve said, it’s got a very well done body.

It’s much easier to get a really good 280 so is 15k for paint-body kit really that far away? I can’t see it being? Even at expensive body shops

Let's be clear - this car wasn't just imported, paint-stripped a bit and a G-nose stuck on ! It was stripped to bare metal and completely rebuilt - it is 'new just like the Hungarian cars coming out of Club Datsun-Hungary. A 240Z would merely be more expensive being a more expensive base product.