260Z Bonnet Stand

Jimbob80

Forum User
Afternoon All,

Wierd question i know, but my new 260Z currently doesnt have any way in which the bonnet is held up (other than me with a stick currently).

Im assuming the car originally did have a way to do this wil some form of side latched metal rod,

- Does anyone have a picture of how it should look?
- Ideally if anyone also has a part number or what its called etc as i cant find one one any of the Z shops ive been using.?

Cheers in advance

James

Jimbob80

Forum User
Cheers, i definately dont have that stand, wierdly it doesnt bend out all the way to stand up on its own and i didnt want to force it.

Ill have a proper look at the weekend.

Thanks for responding.

Robotsan

Club Member
No worries! Might be something up with the hinges then if it won't go completely vertical. Mine can support itself at any angle though, so there's definitely something up with those tension bars if yours can't.

toopy

Club Member
Mine has never had the bonnet stay either, but then as mentioned it should be self supporting once close to vertical anyway.

candy red

Club Member
Cheers, i definately dont have that stand, wierdly it doesnt bend out all the way to stand up on its own and i didnt want to force it.

Ill have a proper look at the weekend.

Thanks for responding.
If you need some replacement hinges in full working order I’ve got a spare set

Jimbob80

Forum User
If you need some replacement hinges in full working order I’ve got a spare set
Thats very kind thank you. Ill know more after the weekend.

I suspect i may not even have the tension bars as i noticed those 2 hinged rings on picture connected to the vertical bar and mine dont connect to anything at all. :(

Geoff-R

Club Member
As others have said the tension rods hold the bonnet on its own so you likely don't have them or they're past their best. I've not used the bonnet stay before but I reckon I would if working outside in the wind.

candy red

Club Member
Thats very kind thank you. Ill know more after the weekend.

I suspect i may not even have the tension bars as i noticed those 2 hinged rings on picture connected to the vertical bar and mine dont connect to anything at all. :(
Thes are the ones I’ve go all complete with tension bars fully working.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 13