240Z on ebay

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Well it looks unmolested which is nice, but saying:

“The body is exceptionally solid the chassis rails, floors, inner wings and the panel gaps are all good, although it will require some work in some areas hence it is being sold as a restoration project. The car is complete and I am not aware of anything that is missing. ”

Is extremely misleading to me...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114637329154

It’s better than some I’ve seen on ebay in the last 5 years but there is absolutely no way I’d even bother trying to restore that for the current price.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
You can tell it needs sills, so the floors are definitely going to be rotten. It’s gone around the fuel filler to.
Honestly mental that people will value that more than a good LHD car.

uk66fastback

Club Member
The seller is trying to big it up but he know's how rotten it is, hence the mention of the words 'needs restoration'. The floors look good from the inside. From underneath, I'm not so sure and that engine bay - if that doesn't tell you how damp it's been where it has been kept, nothing will. But people keep finding them somehow ...

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What are we thinking? We've seen ones with obvious holes in the bodywork go c.£15k and non-rusty but scruffy ones going for £25k

Maybe around £20k?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
....It’s better than some I’ve seen on ebay in the last 5 years but there is absolutely no way I’d even bother trying to restore that for the current price.

What was it then Dan?

If I had storage I'd def buy it at the current price £11,600. Better than money in the bank.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Actually, the interior looks completely salvageable so it'll make decent money but anyone thinking this is restorable on the cheap bodywise will catch a cold for sure!

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
What was it then Dan?

If I had storage I'd def buy it at the current price £11,600. Better than money in the bank.

To me that’s not worth 11k but I knew it would make more than this, and will continue to go up.

I think it’ll sell for around 15k.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Mmmm. All you have to do is set your limit and bid to it. Ignore the 'noise'. The seller may be watching on here too.