240Z on Ebay

I like the advert, if I wanted another I'd be tempted to look.

Doubt if it's worth any more than the starting bid but it may be.

Datson 240z :D as Rob says probably not worth any more than the starting price, these cars can look ok on the surface but once you start delving :eek: they can become a money pit. Imports for me every time cos I learned the hard way :eek:.

Imports from where samuri-240 and did you import yourself or did you buy dealer cars already imported...?? Curious cos some of the aussie stuff looks lovely but dear and the US stuff cheap but left hookers...its tough this buying lark eh!!

Yes it does look good from the pictures, but remember its 34 years old and made of steel, as with most cars of this age, beware you must view before you bid

It always amazes me how 240s always looks great even with no paint and not finnished, luv it

Imports from where samuri-240 and did you import yourself or did you buy dealer cars already imported...?? Curious cos some of the aussie stuff looks lovely but dear and the US stuff cheap but left hookers...its tough this buying lark eh!!

The one I have now was a US import that had been over here for 8 years & already converted to rhd :D. William Galliers is the guy I would recommend to source a very good US import for you, I think he may still have a rhd donor car also, its a while since I spoke to him so not 100% sure about that. If interested I can pm you his contact details.

Thanks, I would appreciate that!

JK

William provides excellent cars, very helpful, knowledge of the cars spanning years and years back.

When I visted him he had photographs and stacks of info about the 240Z and pictures of a hell of a lot of the cars that he worked on.

Top service, top chap and provides examples.

the car would be better if it had all the parts fitted rather here and there in boxes and it still needs a lot of time and money to make it a good example

Into its final few hours and not a bid in sight.

I'm guessing that the starting bid is too near it's value so it's not a bargain and the seller expects more. If it was starting at £2k then I would think there might be a few bids.

Purely my opinion.

I agree that the starting bid is a bit high, but then we all want our cars to increase in value so ultimately these prices should be expected for a good base project.

You can't have it both ways.

A quick respray & new carpets & it'll be an 8 grand car.:D

Re; No bidders, I think it's coz it's not tax exempt.:rolleyes:

How much have you spent Tel ?

Allan (it is with two bloody 'lls isn't it ?) - they must have cheap resprays up your way.........

But the problem is if someone does buy it thinking they'll do it up cheap 'cos they will, p*ss a thin coat all over it and sell it on - it'll be in a worse state at the next MOT !

Back