240z Front Windscreen?

Nmd14

Club Member
Hi All,

Just back from a glorious 3,000 mile jaunt around Spain and Portugal and am pleased to report the Z is adored in both countries.

Despite weather ranging from 3 to 35 degrees, the car behaved faultlessly. Just one problem - a truck spat up a stone and cracked my front windscreen.

Does anyone have a supplier to recommend for both glass and a rubber seal replacement, no doubt? So far, it sounds like Ricky Evans would only supply a minimum of 5.

On another note, if of interest I'd be more than happy to share route details and recommendations...

Many thanks,

Nick DGalician Coast med p1.jpg

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
I recently bought a single standard tint screen from Ricky Evans. I was advised it was the last one in stock. They may have new supply coming, so worth a call. I was also told by Autoglass they had 5 in stock but wanted to fit screen as well.

Kieronpollock

Club Member
I bought single screen from Ricky Evans a few months ago, he gets them them made in batches. Also if you live south of the M4 Clive Whitehorse is the man to fit it

status

Well-Known Forum User
Auto glass have em as they had to get at least five made when they did my Zed on the insurance,cost me £75 can’t moan at that

Nmd14

Club Member
Hi All,

Thanks for your helpful replies and apologies for the delay in posting about the trip.

In a nutshell, I covered 2,872 miles over 3 weeks (including a week with family in S. Portugal doing very few miles). The longest day was 465 miles and despite the driver being a bit stiff by the end, the Z took this in its stride.

The route (with overnight stops listed) was ferry to Bilbao - Hondarribia - Javier - Trujillo - Punta Umbria - Isla Cristina - Vale do Lobo - Beja - Castelo Branco - Peso da Regua - Alijo - Ourense - Vigo - Fisterra - Cedeira - Ribadeo - Oviedo - Castro Urdiales - Bilbao. I'm a bit of a tech luddite so struggle to produce a google map of the route.

In general, I found the Spanish roads to be better than their Portuguese equivalent and I avoid motorways as as much as possible. I wouldn't bother with Southern Portugal again but the Douro Valley and further north is a lot more interesting.

One of my top tips when overnighting in a historic town / city, is to find a hotel with parking just outside the walls / historic centre. Parking within the walls can be a right pain and a Z will only just squeeze through some of the streets.

The Z gets a lovely reaction and many hotels will "find" you somewhere appropriate to park. Friends have Porsches, Ferraris etc and I notice the reaction to their cars is not nearly as positive. Case in point as I was waiting to turn right in Trujillo, a guy hopped out of the car behind to tap on my window to tell me his Uncle used to have a Z in Madrid and he hadn't seen one on the road for 20 years. We ended up having a long coffee and car chat.

This is the third Spanish road trip I have taken the Z on over the past 5 years and in nearly 8,000 miles the only thing to have gone wrong was the alternator spindle bending. The more miles you do (particularly on well surfaced Spanish B roads with little traffic and plenty of sunshine), the better the car gets.

Hope this helps to paint a picture and I'd be happy to try and help if any of you are planning a similar trip and are wondering where to go.

Cheers, Nick DZ under Toll Road med p1.jpg

Nmd14

Club Member
I bought single screen from Ricky Evans a few months ago, he gets them them made in batches. Also if you live south of the M4 Clive Whitehorse is the man to fit it
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Would you happen to have any contact details for Clive Whitehorse as I am strangely reluctant to go along with my insurer's attempt to make me use National Windscreens!