240z for sale

He's right, black has to be perfect for it to look good. I wouldn't fancy a daily driver in black, it'd soon look a bit 'used' ...

That double pipe makes me wince!

Strong bids already!

Nice to find a RHD with no rust or filler!!!! I wonder what they used instead of filler...........sorry, I withdraw that remark :)

Must be pretty near you Terry, worth a look.

First impressions are that this generally looks a smart, sporty, well presented car and as a consequence has attracted 'strong' bids so far.

To make it more sporty the car has been modified so although it looks fairly standard it has deviated from 'original' quite a bit. That's not a problem but worth pointing out.

The things I've 'spotted' on a quick look (some very obvious I know) are:

Front FG spoiler

FG bumpers I think (attached by bolts are ends)

Exhaust necessitating cutting of rear valance

Air filters so no recirculation of fumes

Cable throttle

Ally rad

280Z bonnet?

No repeaters on front wing (so filled, welded?)

Electric fuel pump

Headlight covers which can be a problem at night.

Steering wheel?

Rear light surrounds painted

Inertia-reel belts

Wiper Arms

Mirrors

For me the thing that lets this car down (from the pictures) is the interior. Poor door card held on with screw, steering column shroud 'open' , seat wear, centre console mods, choke cables hanging down.

Yes I know we are 'knitpickers' but this is strong money already especially considering the 260 that recently reached about £17k.. Any pics of slam panel, chassis, floors would be good.

A '73 UK car used as a daily driver without rust or filler is going to be extremely rare. So what has been done to this car before it was painted?

I'd be more conserned about about the bodywork and structure of the car than the bits you have mentioned Rob, although they will also affect the value. Terry has already pointed out the rear arches and from the pictures, the whole passenger side looks a bit wobbly. I could be wrong but thats my first impression.

£25.5k ( if genuine bids ;) ) came in very quickly after car listed and very strong money for car in this condition imo. I would get that reserve lowered and car on sale immediately if I was selling ;)

You don't think the question of whether the owner of the car is a recently-joined forum member is relevant then?

Great detective work as usual from Albrecht :D albeit just reasoned speculation at this point until confirmed.

Very relevant to the thread though surely and hastily deleted imo.

Kipling: "I had six honest serving men, they taught me all I knew; Their names were What and Why and When - and How and Where and Who."

Of course it is relevant who might own the car but what I do think is that there is a way of posting information without attempting to antagonize someone with the way a post is worded and constructed
But no doubt a very small minority on here will disagree but the vast majority of people who have expressed their opinions are fed up with continued petty squabbles

nice to see a right hand drive for sale instead of left hookers all time few bits on it arent to my taste,
want mind seeing reg plates dunno why people hide or take number plates off when selling
as for filler in car just get a magnet and go round car ;)

Of course it is relevant who might own the car but what I do think is that there is a way of posting information without attempting to antagonize someone with the way a post is worded and constructed...

Perhaps you'd like to demonstrate with an example of how it should be done?

STEVE BURNS said:
But no doubt a very small minority on here will disagree but the vast majority of people who have expressed their opinions are fed up with continued petty squabbles

What you are calling "petty squabbles" are often the very lifeblood of an active forum. The more you pander to the whining minority with your deletions the more blood you drain from the life of the forum.

What you are calling "petty squabbles" are often the very lifeblood of an active forum. The more you pander to the whining minority with your deletions the more blood you drain from the life of the forum.

Until, as with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise...it is just the rats that are fed upon....:D

want mind seeing reg plates dunno why people hide or take number plates off when selling

Well in this case forum readers may put 2+2 together and make 4 ;) especially if Alan's previously deleted supposition is correct.

Reg. should be CSG14L or TLB51M in that case, take ya pick. If it isn't either of those then his finely tuned antenna has let him down on this rare occasion and we move on.

The reg. is important information these days for any would be buyer. They may for example want to check the car's previous MOT history as part of their due diligence.

WHY wouldn't you photograph the car WITH the UK reg on? I can never understand why people try to conceal the reg? I can see it walking down the street ...

MOT website said in April 2014:

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)
Nearside Front Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)
Offside Front Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)
Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

MOT website said in April 2013:

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
Advisory notice item(s)
rear wheel archs corroded

No vehicle that matched the data you entered could be found.

Well I knew there were train spotters and plane spotters, but car spotters too ?

It seems so, here are a couple of pictures from a car spotters group I found of a black 240Z,
reg. CSG14L one from 2012, the other from 2013.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/38389354@N07/6827219602/ with credit to Sam Osbon
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61090099@N04/8972592575 with credit to Al Walter

Hearsay only, but if said car for sale does indeed turn out to be CSG14L it has made quite a transition from a rusty old driver over the past couple of years.

Talking of rats Mr. Dezart, it looks like one of them has been feasting on the rear offside wheel arch as seen in pics. Drivers door looks like one has had a good chomp on too. Those rats get everywhere, you're never more than 20 feet from one so they say, even closer in London I imagine ;)

Well in this case forum readers may put 2+2 together and make 4 ;) especially if Alan's previously deleted supposition is correct.

Reg. should be CSG14L or TLB51M in that case, take ya pick. If it isn't either of those then his finely tuned antenna has let him down on this rare occasion and we move on.

The reg. is important information these days for any would be buyer. They may for example want to check the car's previous MOT history as part of their due diligence.

well people like see reg so they can get a insurance quote on that car and check history, that reason i like to see reg or means asking them in a message and getting a a answer

nice to see a older pic of it see what changed over time

Back