mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
How do I make this:

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 11.55.33.png
attachment.php

Look like this:

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 11.54.33.png
attachment.php

Where can it be done? Who can do it? Who WILL do it? lol What might it cost? Anyone here got these type of arches etc?

Under bonnet and under skin plans are already in motion.

Many thanks in advance. As it sits today, this is the plan. It's going to happen.

P.S. I don't need anyone to talk me out of it, I might do that myself! The front wings are fibre glass and the rear arches have been repaired so badly that losing this look in the future wouldn't be any bigger a deal that getting it all put perfect now.

Last edited by a moderator:

richiep

Club Member
Those are likely custom sheet metal on the Spirit Garage racing car.

However:
IMSA flares:
http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt73726/pd1850602/IMSA__240z_280z_RACING_FENDERS_PACKAGE_

Not as sharp looking as the Spirit Garage car IMO. Too curved and bulbous.

Instead, works-style overfenders, which will be of high quality given the manufacturer:
http://www.rhdjapan.com/marugen-shoukai-works-fender-lip-spoiler-kit-deluxe-fairlady-z-s30-s31.html

In fact, they look much closer to that Spirit Garage car (which is also G-nosed btw).

Personally though, I wouldn't do it. Just go for the oversized ZG arches offered by Marugen Shoukai. You still get to chop out the old badly-repaired arches and give it the JDM look. Each to their own though! :thumbs:

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers for the links. They do look a bit bulbous as you say. The price looks good though. Alan picture there is the best one I've seen of the car.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
My thruppence - you're talking big money so why not build something that will appeal later to others for various reasons - ie a G-nose and with GrpIV arches if you 'need' 'em wide ?

There are some lovely 'ZG's in photos on the net - go look.

Who to do it.....

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I've got a feeling that your "big money" is probably bigger than mine. Lol but give me an idea...?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I have no idea what spec you want or what you intend to do with you - end use is imortant too so you first.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Well like I say, my spec for the engine and running gear is already decided, just a fairly hot road spec. I want the outside to look like the Spirit Garage car. Not because I' going to track it but because I love the look of it. I won't be ruining a perfect set of arches so why not. I can't see that I'll ever sell the car but if I did want to in 15 years or whatever, it wouldn't be ridiculous to put it back to more original spec. If my rear quarters could do with replacing anyway, nothing lost. Lol

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Then go for your dream - think about which wheels and size first (don't forget tyres, availability, cost...) - that'll determine the arch width, spring diametre, height.....