240z

1. T

Datsun 240z seats for refurbishment

Three seats available all in need of total refurb but all complete. Open to offers.
  2. T

Datsun 240z centre console - £125

Good condition
  3. T

Datsun 240z 4-speed gearbox - spares or repairs - £100

Spares or repairs
  4. T

240z 5-speed gearbox for sale - £250

In good condition - all complete
  5. alsoHarrison

SOLD: 240z Wooden Steering Wheel

Hi all, Selling my 240z steering wheel, the horn pad is worn and doesn't fit all too well anymore and the plastic housing seems to have snapped as was being held together with electrical tape. If a new plastic housing is a deal breaker I'm certain I can model and 3D print a replacement so just...
  6. alsoHarrison

Best place to order serviceable parts for 1973 240z

I'm looking to get some new front rotors for my 240, wondering where people tend to order these type of serviceable parts in the UK? Cheers
  7. Classic Z

240z 1972 fuel pump issue convert to electric

I have replaced my factory original mechanical fuel pump twice now with an aftermarket one from ebay. On both occasions the pump works fine for a very short while. About 5 or so trips then it fails. I believe the the diaphragm in the pump gets weak as it must be an inferior product. I...
  8. Graham Palmer

A fun afternoon out with an MG v8 and my 240z

You may have spotted this already, but I met up with Jack aka 'Number27' on YouTube a few weeks ago...lovely chap and a big fan of 'Zeds' Did the British Sports care deserve to die ? the outcome. no surprise to any of us (I assume !)... enjoy Graham
  9. Classic Z

Datsun 240z 1972 manual for sale

Datsun 240z, 1972, manual. Original 2.4L engine and gearbox. New house forces sale. The metal work on this car is in exceptional condition. Was a very solid Californian import to start with. All welding has been professionally done. The only area which could be improved on if required is 2...
  10. Preecey240Z

Does the 1971 rear hatch fit on the 1973 240z?

Hello does anyone know if the rear hatch from 1971/72 fits on the 73 or if it can be modified to fit easily? I've recently come across the resurrected classics website in which they sell the rear hatch, does anyone have any experience with this company? thanks...
  11. Preecey240Z

New 1973 240Z owner-full restoration

Hey everyone, new here as I've Just recently brought a 1973 240z to restore, any advice and help would be appreciated.
  12. Graham Palmer

Spare wheel or inflation kit ?

Hi all, I know virtually non of us carry a spare in our daily drivers....but for our 240/260z ?... Just looking at the weight saving by not carrying around a spare (and the added tool storage space) and just carrying an inflation kit...makes lots of sense.. also, what have people done use the...
  13. Classic Z

1972 indicator and brake light issue

Hi I have been trying to fix the rear indicators with no success. Does anyone have any ideas? The left indicator works but I do not know if it is normal that it flashes red (top left light flashes) as well as the white light which is lower right. Both flash. When I turn on the right indicator...
  14. Graham Palmer

New 240z poster...

Spoke to these guys MotiveCultureArt a couple of weeks ago... they have just added 240z to their catalogue, can customize to your own car ....size is 70cm x 50cm
  15. alsoHarrison

Rust prevention on interior panels

I've begun to strip the interior of my 73' 240z and there is surface rust and luckily not much welding required! I've had to strip off all the old paint, primer and I'd guess old bedliner to get it back to bare metal. I was curious as to what people can recommend to reseal the exposed metals...
  16. G

Carb Rebuild

Anyone in he UK rebuild 240z carbs, or is it more or less a matter of going to zTherapy (currently a 9 month waiting list!)
  17. alsoHarrison

New owner of a 1973 240z!

Hey there everyone, I just managed to grab my first Datsun 240z with the help of Rob Gaskin from the Z Club! Thanks Rob for the tip and all your help getting in contact with the previous owner that led to me getting my dream car. The car many of you may already know is called Fergus and was...
  18. JW240

Difficult start and hunting idle?

As the title suggests, the engine has been rebuilt and a pair of brand new HS6 carbs with SM needles installed. Its really hard to start, to the point where if i didn't know it actually ran i would probably give up. Choke doesn't seam to help this. Once running its ok, hot starts without...
  19. Graham Palmer

240z Fuel level/float

Hi all, is there an alternative to the OEM part ?..or does anyone have one in the UK ?...mines working OK, but looks pretty rusty ..cheers
  20. Graham Palmer

240z lower rear cross member removal ?

Hi all, planning to install the Techoversions Diff support...looks like life could be easier if I remove the cross member shown...but clearly it provides support to the 'front' of the rear wishbones ..can it be removed while the car still sits on its wheels (ie up on ramps)..or would that cause...