I thought I'd start a thread on the conversion I began in earnest this morning. I took the old engine out of the Z last weekend and I desided to strip the rear end down and do an R200 conversion. I got that all back together last night including a quaiff and adjustable platform strutts so this morning it was sitting back on its wheels and I could move it out of the garage to make room for the soarer. I drove it back from my dad's earlier this week which was its last road trip. Apart from driving into the garage this morning. The stripdown went quite straightforward and the engine and box were on the floor by lunchtime. It was then a case off stripping the bits off I didn't intend to use like: air con pump, power stearing pump, and exhaust downpipe (mine will have to be a lot lighter to the engine than this one). I moved the drivers side engine mount to a position further forward to see if it would line up better with the stock Z front mounts and it does. The other side not quite so easy but I think it can be done. Most people seam to weld in a new crossmember but I didn't want to do this if it was not nessesary. I had to cut the gearbox mounts off as apart from being about 4" too far forward, they hit on the box. So, stuck the engine and box in and it seams to fit pritty well. I've set it up 1.5" from the firewall and 1/2" above the rack. I may set it a little lower and further back but I think removing the rocer covers will then be impossible. I'll have a think on it. The next job then is to fabricate some engine and gearbox mounts but before I can do that I need to deside what type of mounts to use and get them. Here's a few pics of the day.