2 + 2 for sale

Given that the bodywork looks excellent, and with an apparently well engineered engine swap, in anyones opinion, is it worth £20K?
Im certainly no expert, but if it drives as well as it looks i would tentatively say yes ;)
It would after all, cost a lot more than that to do it from scratch.

I've seen the car at the location where the pics were taken (not where it is now) and knowing the builder plus what I saw I'd say it is worth a look to anybody who wants that kind of car at that kind on money.

It's a massive plus to be able to get in and drive rather than source a car, restore, modify, paint etc etc.

It looks great in the flesh too.

One question as a buyer I would have is why is the current owner moving it along after just a few months:confused:

Good looking 2+2

It does look great - lowering & blacking out the chrome seems to transform 2+2s.

Hoes does the Club stand on evaluing such a car ?

Wel finished and top specced....and seriously modified.

If a stock 240Z is worth more than one modded, is it the other way around for a 2+2 ?

The 240 is the unadulterated design, mess with it ( sorry,...mod it) and you are moving away from the "spirit" of the original thinking. For better or worse, the production 260 has already moved away and the 2+2 is really a totally different concept altogether - a b*stard son of a b*stard father if you like

You can only improve the looks of the +2 by modding it, whereas you just detract from the purity of 240 design with mods, even if you may actually improve the driving experience.

And before any +2 owners get offended....I think a metallic grey, black-chromed, g-nosed, big wheeled, fender-mirrored +2 looks awesome!

The 240 is the unadulterated design, mess with it ( sorry,...mod it) and you are moving away from the "spirit" of the original thinking. For better or worse, the production 260 has already moved away and the 2+2 is really a totally different concept altogether - a b*stard son of a b*stard father if you like��

Are you incorrectly assuming that the 2+2 was derived from the 2 seater...perhaps because of the marketing dates ?

Perhaps I am Sean - is the +2 not an S30? (This is a question, btw, not meant as a smart-ass remark! ):)

Well.....it certainly wasn't a clean sheet design, so I would think it a fair assumption that some elements of the +2 were borrowed from the 240 drawing board..... However assumption as we know is the mother of all ****-ups, so you will no doubt put me straight now!

No 'he' doesn't but he listens, reads and collates.

I'm sorry that I can't translate this but I believe that the photo of the lower car was taken in '1968' ?

Perhaps Alan can correct me.

Attachments

• numérisation0015.jpg
    numérisation0015.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 53
Interesting photo Sean. Hands up, I did think that the +2 was an afterthought developed from the 240, but that photo ( if your date is correct) would intimate that it was a parallel project from the beginning. Perhaps I need to listen, read and collate a bit more! :)

Back