1 mile markers

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I need to calibrate my speedo over a 2 mile distance, does anybody know if the lights on motorways or those emergency phone boxes are set out every mile so I can use them as a refrence point.
My speedo reckons I'm doing 20mph when I am clearly doing more than that.

Mr Ex

Inactive
I need to calibrate my speedo over a 2 mile distance, does anybody know if the lights on motorways or those emergency phone boxes are set out every mile so I can use them as a refrence point.
My speedo reckons I'm doing 20mph when I am clearly doing more than that.

As far as I know the phones are every mile.

Arkwright

Inactive
try contacting your local highways dept. Most local authorities have a measured mile somewhere in their area

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
marker.jpg

Similar to this

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
What are the mile markers? never noticed little posts before :conf2:.

I noticed some of them yesterday they where still erecting them on the side of a dual carriageway was wondering what they where all about. They are little stumpy posts with numbers on them. What purpose do the serve ? :conf2:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I noticed some of them yesterday they where still erecting them on the side of a dual carriageway was wondering what they where all about. They are little stumpy posts with numbers on them. What purpose do the serve ? :conf2:

They are for the location on a Motorway

Nidge74

New Forum User
They are for the location on a Motorway

Steve knows this very well

When you break down on a motorway, your recovery service will ask for this number so they can pinpoint you within a tenth of a mile.

The picture above shows you are at point 141.0 miles on whichever road it is situated.

Mr Ex

Inactive
Steve knows this very well

When you break down on a motorway, your recovery service will ask for this number so they can pinpoint you within a tenth of a mile.

The picture above shows you are at point 141.0 miles on whichever road it is situated.

& they tell you which way the nearest phone is so you don't go the 3/4 of a mile instead of 1/4 of a mile, that would be rubbing it in a bit.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Like Sean says a GPS system is the best bet, in fact as I have said before that is what I use in my 240 as the speedo.

Alternatively follow a mate in his car and devise a signalling system to communicate (hands free phone would be good!).

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
I don't know what Burns is on about he has never seen two marker post on the same journey!!!!!!! lmao