Zimbabwean 240Z

Ian the Zim

Forum User
Hey guys, I have just received an email from my dad with a bunch of photos of the 240Z that I am buying off him. Here they are, have a look and tell me what you think.

badfilling.jpg

Ah... This is a quick fix done by the previous owner: Plastic putty and a dash of similar(ish) paint. Will have to do something about this.

centinst.jpg

dashcent.jpg

dashpassside.jpg

I have a blue dash cover as seen in the upper photo. The white spots are just the sticky stuff that held it down. But as you can imagine stickystuff +african sun on dash=big mess

engbayL.jpg

engbayR.jpg

frrt.jpg

instruments.jpg

passfront.jpg

rear.jpg

reardeck.jpg

rearrt.jpg

Not too shabby eh? Please let me know what you think of my baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah especially the dashboard carpet, nice touch!
Can't imagine the weather will have taken its toll so should make a good project.

Ian the Zim

Forum User
Hehehe, I knew the dash carpet would raise some eyebrows. It was there when my dad bought the car, and he kept it there to protect the dash from the sun. I am not too sure what I will do with it though...
@Tel240z: No, I am not getting it shipped over. I am in England now to earn the money to pay for it, then I can go home and drive it. I have only ever driven it once, so I am pretty eager to get home and drive it.

I am planning to give it a complete respray, as the paint is getting rather shabby and to get rid of the previous owners bodge jobs. I am lucky with this car because it has been in a hot, land locked country, so there is little to no rust anywhere.

I am not planning any major changes to the car, possibly a radio and new speakers, and maybe remove that silver thing down the side and put some pinstripes maybe. I am not too sure as yet.

Cheers for the comments guys. :)

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
some very nice original looking braided pipes in the engine bay !!!!!!! very rare to see these days

Ian the Zim

Forum User
some very nice original looking braided pipes in the engine bay !!!!!!! very rare to see these days

Well I phoned by dad recently, and asked him about a few things. Those are not original 'looking' hoses, but they are the original ones from new... So subsequently they need changing... so, i think 39 odd years aint too bad on a set of hoses.

I think that everything else on the car is original, except the paint, and everything is in good nick. It even still has the leather bonnet/nose cover thingy. Did those come with the cars or are they aftermarket parts?