Zep is alive and well

Zep

Club Member
After seeing Zep up for sale on ebay l just had to see him in the flesh. The car is just amazing with a diary of the TLC done over the years. I know a few of the zclub members, aswell as myself wanted to see recent pictures. I took a few while l was viewing the car - l've attached a small sample. Anyway, l couldn't resist giving myself an early xmas present :)

Attachments

• zep1.jpg
    zep1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 66
  • zep2.jpg
    zep2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 57
  • zep3.jpg
    zep3.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 54

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
wow :eek: looks really good and it still has the original metal fan .

did you buy this from the guy that was selling it on ebay ?

Zep

Club Member
moggy240 said:
wow :eek: looks really good and it still has the original metal fan .

did you buy this from the guy that was selling it on ebay ?
Yep, metal fan ok - the car has lots of original parts still on it. It even has the tool to remove the fuses and the hub caps with the D in the centre. There is a huge number of spares with it - pretty much a full new interior, wings, bonnet, Nissan window screen, decals, radio, braided hoses, lights, service parts, plus many more....

Correct is was the one on eBay that got some discussion going here (as they do). Anyway, when to see it, couldn't resist and left a deposit. Drove it over 400 miles home the following weekend without a bother.

It's now covered in the garage with the heater and humidifier on for the winter.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Someone's got to be crass and ask - how much :) ?

Technical question really because it's one of the best and most original (at least looking) and of course has a known owner history !

Zep

Club Member
SeanDezart said:
Someone's got to be crass and ask - how much :) ?

Technical question really because it's one of the best and most original (at least looking) and of course has a known owner history !
I paid the asking price of 12k.... expensive, but l did want to buy the best early 240z l could find. I was not expecting to buy Zep, which l agree must be one of the best original examples still around.

To make me feel a bit better about the price it did come with a lot of spares. It has pretty much a full set new interior trim, full weather strip set, new wings, new headlight cowls, new bonnet, Nissan window screen, many new decals, 260z radio, new electric aerial, braided hoses, new lights, new shocks, many new service parts, new full front/rear bumper, new cross member, new 1/2 chassis leg, a set of original centre D hub caps and many more....... Make you own mind how much that leaves me in the car itself - I'd say about 8-9k.

Anyway, l think it's a bargain. I get a great car with the added bonus of it's historical significance. [size=+0][size=+0]

[/size][/size]

Bobby Ball

Well-Known Forum User
Looks a good un.....Well done. I do like them Datsun Cherries........only jokin Bud
great lookin car......:cool:

just don't clean it so much you make my car look bad....:)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Zep,

thanks for the candid answer ! Never mind all the parts, how much would it cost to get a Z to that state ? Imported from the US or Japan or simply an intense restoration of a UK car - you have a bargain - well done !

Funny how I (who hankers for a modified 240) begin to like the idea of a std Z ! Maybe a bit like the Z32 and Z33 boys looking back over there shoulders at the earlier series ! But I didn't have the money for Zep and Cathy would have done for me if I had and spent it on another car :)

Enjoy him/her and sell me the parts please :)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Shame we will not see it often as a small amount of water will stop it being driven on our roads often

people over there will be drawling when they see it

Zep

Club Member
Fellow z owners, thanks for all the kind words and l'm pleased that you've confirmed l wasn't bonkers buying Zep :)

STEVE BURNS said:
Shame we will not see it often as a small amount of water will stop it being driven on our roads often

people over there will be drawling when they see it
You've hit the downsides spot on. Zep doesn't go out in the rain. It's in the garage with heater and dehumidifier on as l speak. The other downside is the crowds that appear from no where when it's parked up - which can be ok, but it depends on the type of crowd. Both of these are not a Zep specific problem as anyone with a nice early z will have the same problems.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Shame that a car can't be used when you feel like it - I'd drive my Z everyday if I could afford the petrol - damn what happens, the pleasure of a car is in the driving - no ?

Zep

Club Member
I know, but it does make it extra special when you can drive it. Did 400 miles on the first day alone. Maybe l should by another to use everyday.