Zed Fest 2013

Arkwright

Inactive
ZED – FEST 13

Once again I am pleased to announce that the above event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday,9, 10,11 August 2013. Please note that the date has been brought further forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrooke there are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. There will not be a bar this year. You are encouraged to provide your own drinks (we do request that you try to avoid glass bottles). We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy” motoring related sports. Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

Background music for the entire event will be provided by our very own DJZ complete with lazer and smoke show. There will be dancing on Friday and Saturday nights.

There will be an entry fee charged of £15 per person for the event. You can pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.50 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge ( hook-ups are now available). Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements. Please be aware that the main paddock where you will park up and pitch your tents will be a ‘quiet area’ All gazebos etc for evening gatherings should be set up in the central paddock to avoid undue noise and disturbance.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

All enquiries to me, “Arkwright” email: shop@zclub.net

Dale

Club Member
Great news that the ZClub yearly event is going ahead again. Huge thanks for doing it again Derek :bow:

Those of you who haven't been to Zedfest before, particularly our newer members, it really is a brilliant event. It's especially good to get to meet new people and new cars to the club and is really useful to get help and ideas from other Zedders or just a general chat, all over nice cold beer,...or two,...or three,.... ;)

As Derek mentioned, any offers for help before or during the event will be gratefully accepted. Any successful event the club organises relies on assistance from our community, and the more help the better it will be :thumbs:

Unfortunately for me, it does clash with the Ashes test at Durham which I have tickets for, so I'm unable to attend this year :(

Are you thinking of doing a raffle this year Derek? If so, I'd be happy to send over a prize of some sort.

martinmac

Inactive
Well, the LakeZ weekend was great, I had a really good time.

Unforunately it just got expensive as some local scumbag didnt like the fact that we have some nice cars. With the skillful use of a key he damages all my carbon fibre panels. :banghead:

So the car will be going into the body shop when I get home at the end of the month.

I will still be at Zedfest though in the scooby .:cheers:

martinmac

Inactive
Had to go to work the day after LakeZ, just arm wrestled the boss into letting me get off the boat in time for Zedfest. The weather is great. I cant wait for this now. :cheers: