Zed - Fest 2012

Arkwright

Inactive
zedfest2012finalsmall.jpg

ZED – FEST 12

Once again I am pleased to announce that the above event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10,11 & 12 August 2012. Please note that the date has been brought further forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrooke there are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. There will not be a bar this year. You are encouraged to provide your own drinks (we do request that you try to avoid glass bottles). We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy” motoring related sports. Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

Background music for the entire event will be provided by our very own DJZ complete with lazer and smoke show. There will be dancing on Friday and Saturday nights together with a live band on Saturday night.

There will be an entry fee charged of £15 per person for the event. You can pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.50 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge ( hook-ups are now available). Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements. Please be aware that the main paddock where you will park up and pitch your tents will be a ‘quiet area’ All gazebos etc for evening gatherings should be set up in the central paddock to avoid undue noise and disturbance.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

All enquiries to me, “Arkwright” email: shop@zclub.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually mate, this year I'm gonna promise you my help ! Anything I can do let me know and I'll be up at the site a day early if needed ! :driving:

Will you be eating dog food and spewing Steve???
If so I'll put a bus on from Newcastle........:thumbs:

That was all down to the dodgy out of date dog biscuits that Derek (aka The Pet Food Warehouse) was giving away as a late night supper:eek:
Must stick to the food van this year

ill try to be there friday morning but all depends on work but the bigzed build has started for zedfest so every one will see a lot of changes from what they seen at japfest haha

I'm definitely planning on being there!

Just hoping the car feels the same way!!

Does any one know how to set up a live video link so people can sit at home and view the event and then pretend they are there instead of actually meeting people face to face
Go on try it who knows you may even enjoy it:smash:

I will of course be there to defend the title with les and marco.

What's the chances of me being aloud to turn up on the Thursday? Thinking I might go and get the car mapped the day before thats all

Zed –Fest 2012. 10,11,12 August.

Hot and cold food and drinks will be provided as usual by Mr Stickyfingers and his staff. Remember he will stay as late as you like providing you keep spending.

Musical entertainment throughout the event will as usual be down to our own DJZ

Team sports will be held on Saturday afternoon. You can make up teams of 4 persons to take part in any diabolical sports we can think of . (suggestions are always welcome). I am hoping to run a field gun competition similar to that seen at the royal tournament.

Remember your cars will be on show throughout the event and final judging will be at mid day Sunday followed by the awarding of trophies.

Sunday morning is an opportunity to visit Nottingham Dirt Buggies from 9am – 11.30am (breakfast can be obtained there if you’re late rising). A 20 minute thrash around their 9 acre track will set you back £30. Wet weather gear and helmets supplied if needed. I am assured that 20 mins is long enough due to the severity of the track. (This is only about 4 miles from Sherbrooke) you may want to take a change of clothes just in case. We have a 20% discount on normal price as it’s early Sunday.

Saturday night is optional fancy dress. A prize for the best dressed.

If you are bringing your children the pedal go carts will be available to them throughout the weekend.

An ‘ Honesty Bar’ will be available which will probably consist of tins of Boddingtons and tins of Stella which will be kept in the fridge. Prices will be as shop plus a little for the club.

Back