Zed - Fest 2007

Arkwright

Inactive
ZED - FEST 2007

ZED-FEST.jpg

AGM

This event, formerly known as Swapmeet, will be held on Saturday and Sunday 8-9 Sept 07. for those who want to make a long weekend of it the gates will be open from 2pm Friday 7th.

Due to the unfortunate cancellation of Billing this year this event will also host the Z Clubs 30<SUP>th</SUP> Birthday Party and the Z Club Annual General Meeting. We will also be inviting members of 300zx.co.uk, The Classic Z Register, 350Z-uk.com and 350Zukownersclub.com.

See also http://www.zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10304

The NEW VENUE for Zed – Fest will be Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, NG14 6HP. This site has some excellent facilities. (Some will not be available to us this year due to other bookings but future events here look promising). We have a meadow to ourselves together with a large marquee. There is a toilet, washing and shower block. The site has 22 acres of grassland and a 5 acre wood if you want to get out and about. You will be able to camp or caravan and there is some on site accommodation available. E.g. Fernwood lodge is a wooden clad portakabin type building having two rooms, the smaller sleeps 4 and the larger sleeps 10 for a rent of £75 per weekend. Or there is an on site caravan sleeping 5 for £40 per weekend. Local B & B’s are available but you must make your own arrangements.

The nearest b&b is about 4 miles away. www.farbaulkerfarm.info/

The Z Club AGM will be held at 2pm prompt on Saturday. For this reason the site will be open on Friday afternoon and evening if you have a distance to travel and don’t want to rush on Saturday morning. There are a number of Committee places which need to be filled and we hope there will be a good turn out and some willing volunteers to serve for the coming year.

On Saturday evening we will have some team sports and a social. Sunday will have the car show and another round of sports for those seeking revenge.

Available on site is abseiling and a climbing tower. If you want to take part in this activity you must contact me to book a place. There will be a modest fee to pay as we need to hire an accredited instructor. Archery is available and once again must be pre booked and a fee is payable. Giant games are available to hire. There is a pedal go-cart track for children only. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead.

I am hoping the Madhammster will be available to BBQ for us but I am unable to confirm this at present. Please keep an eye on the Club website but ‘be prepared’ with your own food. DJZ60 will provide background music on Sunday.

You will be able to car boot your unwanted parts.

I hope that some traders will be present.

There will be an entry fee of £5 per car and camping is £1.80 per person per night.

You should be aware that this is a very active scout camp and young people will be about at all times. There are speed bumps and you must drive at less than 5mph with headlights and hazard lights switched on.

Last edited by a moderator:
im in florida,bloody typical,only decent Zed meet this year and i will be in the hot sun

Yep Ill be down on the Costa del Sol in that same hot sun......
Its a hard life!!

Hi Steve,
He was 5 last Saturday and wants to be in his dad's 260 whenever it goes out for a run! :D

Change of plans and I am now available

But don't worry. I am currently working on another excuse for non-attendance. :)

Excellent.:D It's great news that we have an new venue for the 30th year bash after the disappointment of Billing.

Thank you muchly Mr. Sulley. :bow:

And with it being a joint event with the swap meet, lets hope we have huge numbers turn up and really make it weekend to remember,
and lets also hope there's no snow!! :eek:

I've taken the whole weekend off work including the friday, and plan to be there early friday evening-ish,
so long I'm not the only one that is. :)

Oh, and Derek, are you still making those goody bags up that you were for Billing as I can still bring those mugs if you want them?

yes please.
If anyone else has any give - aways that their busuinesses do I am preparing a goody bag, hopefully one each but at least one per car, so I am open to all contributions.

I already have some stuff from Barclays Bank but if you can grab anything I will accept it.

thats ok we r used to being evacuated due the hurricanes,the yanks make a lot of fuss over a bit of wind,worse than dorris when i fart on the settee

I 'should' be there depending on a pending operation.

Can i park my skyline/or whatever i come in at the back again LOL :D

Back