Z Club goes Hill Climbing!

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Dee has very kindly been able to negociated a price for Gurston Down Hill Climb School for the club.
We need 5 or more cars from the club to get a discount of £25 per car, usual price is £150 so Z Club members pay £125 and will get the day at the school with lunch teas coffees.
Details of the school and dates can be found on www.gurstondown.org then go to the school page. May is looking full already.

Dates
Tue 8th May
Tue 5th June
Tue 10th July

Chris and I can't do June but would be up for July, so we jusy need 3 other people to get the discount - who's up for it?

Nick would probably be if it is in July and he has got the 240 back on the road by then, It would give him an incentive and a timescale to work towards.

Zed2k said:
Nick would probably be if it is in July and he has got the 240 back on the road by then, It would give him an incentive and a timescale to work towards.

It better be back on the road by June 3rd:eek:

Thats is why we said hopefully with the 240 for silverstone. He really wants it to be. But you know money rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zed2k said:
Thats is why we said hopefully witht hte 240 for silverstone. He really wants it to be. But you know money rules.
Simple just don't spend the dosh on food and the morgage:unsure:

getting back on subject if you want to do this then dont leave it too late to book as the places go quickly.

1. Suzy
2. Chris
3. Nick
4. Status

Phil Hyett and Derek Argyle expressed interest, I'll drop them a line and see if they are up for it.

Ben can we reserve 7-8 places for July for 2 weeks to give us a chance to get this sorted??

1. Suzy
2. Chris
3. Nick
4. Status
5. Derek Argyle

we have our five! ( I also have another 3 that I'm waiting to hear back from)

Ben how is the best way to sort this out? (can we reserve this spaces for now - wouldn't want to lose them!)

suzy said:
Ben how is the best way to sort this out? (can we reserve this spaces for now - wouldn't want to lose them!)
straight forward. You pay the entry fee with the entry form and hey presto you have got a place. Just download the form from www.gurstondown.org off the school page send all 5(or more entries in together with a covering note that this is a club price arranged with Dee and Andrew Hext and thats the places booked. any probs then give me a shout. cheers ben

So Nick, Status and Derek can you print off a booking form and it with a cheque to me and I'll sned them all off to Gurston
cheers

If those taking part wish to take friends/partners/wifes etc to watch then there is no charge for that. If the friends/partners/wifes etc wish to have refreshments and lunch then there is a £15 charge for the day which includes teas, coffees, biscuits and a good buffet lunch.
ps I have reserved 8 spaces for July for the club

It would appear that despite all the talk when it actually comes down to doing the deed no one wants to take advantage of this offer. I was asked to reserve 8 spaces for 2 weeks so that the entry forms and money could be sent to suzy, that was over 2 months ago and still the bookings have not been made. Spaces are reserved for a further 2 weeks and then will be gone. May and June schools are now nearly full

Come on folks, support Ben and The Club.
I've only been once but it looks great sport to me. You will really be able to test your driving skills.

had no money or forms from anyone!

Thanks Ben for holding this places open for another 2 weeks, hopefully we can get our acts together and get this booked for July

Shame to see that this offer is not going to be taken up. It is rather a sad reflection on the club when the contact and deals are made for discounted entry fees of bulk buys on the strength of promises from the club members only to be let down when it comes to actually parting with the money. I am not pushing this for my own benefit as there is nothing in it for me. It was purely done due to the interest shown by enough club members to warrant it.
Going back to my hole now as it is cosy under the stones here

my cheque for this is all ready to be sent off,reason for the delay on my part is that i thought i had a problem with my LSD but all is well,so hopefully its not to late for the july meet

Back