Z club drag challenge??

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
Hey all.

Not been on here for a while, apologies.

I’ve had my 240Z now for about 7 years, it’s changed a bit mechanically in my ownership, it wasn’t original in any way when I got it, but it now has a bored and stroked L28 fitted, now 3090cc and running triple Mikuni PHH44’s and other supporting parts.

So, I’m looking at taking it down the quarter mile at Santa Pod at some point in the near ish future. I just wondered if any like minded Z enthusiasts would be up for a social of some kind?

As some of you may remember I’m a bilateral leg amputee, so my friend and drag racer Marc Huxley will be the driver.

Anyway, if anyone is game, maybe a member of the admin team could possibly help?

Apologies if anything is already set up and if someone can point me to the right post that would be awesome.

Many thanks

Rich

Great idea Rich, post the day you are planning on going and put it in the events section. If there are no kiddy commitments that day and the weather is fine, I'll be in.

Hey all.

Not been on here for a while, apologies.

I’ve had my 240Z now for about 7 years, it’s changed a bit mechanically in my ownership, it wasn’t original in any way when I got it, but it now has a bored and stroked L28 fitted, now 3090cc and running triple Mikuni PHH44’s and other supporting parts.

So, I’m looking at taking it down the quarter mile at Santa Pod at some point in the near ish future. I just wondered if any like minded Z enthusiasts would be up for a social of some kind?

As some of you may remember I’m a bilateral leg amputee, so my friend and drag racer Marc Huxley will be the driver.

Anyway, if anyone is game, maybe a member of the admin team could possibly help?

Apologies if anything is already set up and if someone can point me to the right post that would be awesome.

Many thanks

Rich
Hello Chunk, I remember you from way back. You had a Skyline then I think.

I've got a picture in my head of my car starting a run OK but only one of wheels rolling out at the end leaving the rest in bits all over the place :oops:
Its only the start that can be hard on the car, but you don't have to start hard...

Am deffo up for a santa pod meet

Few years ago we did the meet over a run what you bring event I'll check the pod site

Its only the start that can be hard on the car, but you don't have to start hard...
Don't agree. I only did 3 runs and ruined my gearbox. Driver error but things are so hectic for a few seconds and changes are crucial. Also if you aren't going to be brutal at the start your times will suffer significantly.

On my runs my clutch slipped a little - never noticed it until then. I could only just dip under 15s.

Made we wonder how the official time for a standard 240Z could be 15.8!

It is hard on the car if you want a quick time - but the brakes don't get hot!

Back