Yet another 'orrible GTO !

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Plastic Rubbish.
I love the bit where he says the 260 engine could be made to produce 300BHP with some side draft carbs.
En sus suenos!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
He's already claiming 200bhp.............

I don't understand why do all that bodywork then shod it with shite wheels and leave the interior so.....ordinary ! As he says, needs a few finishing details ;)

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Eleven grand for an ugly yellow car?! Wow... why would anyone want to own a vile yellow coloured car?!

It needs more than a bit of bloody work! Its also got the wrong boot!

What was it based on? A 260?

There seems to be a lot of these in France... why?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
As far as looks are concerned I don't think it looks too bad. That rear quarter shot is ok with me!

Purely personal I know.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Cos the French have no sense of good taste when it comes to cars;) ;)

What do you expect from a nation that designed a "car" around the premise that it must carry 4 farmers and a basket of eggs across a ploughed field:conf2: ohhh yes and that "ball filled with gas" suspension malarky, whats all that about... its like driving a hang glider.

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
SKiddell said:
What do you expect from a nation that designed a "car" around the premise that it must carry 4 farmers and a basket of eggs across a ploughed field:conf2: ohhh yes and that "ball filled with gas" suspension malarky, whats all that about... its like driving a hang glider.
Oooww... I always wanted to hanglid... ;)

A ferrari... Red, or Black... the only way it should be, even if it is a cheap copy!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Again, yellow is ok with me, I've seen yellow and green Ferraris racing in the 60's.

Of course the main problem is it's not a Ferrari.

I can't read French, but does it come with any carbs at all?

I know all the issues about identity etc but it has occured to me a couple of times that my car would make a perfect donor for one of these, for lots of reasons.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i quite like it in yellow,i was nearly going to do mine in yellow but i already have a yellow 240Z so it has to be red instead..at the end of the day it it is just a kit car,if it was driving down the road you would stop and look so it does not matter if the interior is still datsun or if it has only got a 260z engine under the bonnet.:S30: because 99% of people would think it was a ferrari.

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
Yellow is correct for a Ferrari, it's the official racing colour for all the Belgian Ferrari, and all the cars they entered in Le Mans, Spa, Monza, etc… were yellow!

A Datsunari should be half red, half white ;)

At that time all Italian car where Red… not only Ferrari but Alfa, Maserati, etc…

What do the French know about cars, it’s not like they are running first in F1 or Rally isn’t it? :eek: Or like they still have domestic car makers like you do :unsure:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
moggy240 said:
i quite like it in yellow,i was nearly going to do mine in yellow but i already have a yellow 240Z so it has to be red instead..at the end of the day it it is just a kit car,if it was driving down the road you would stop and look so it does not matter if the interior is still datsun or if it has only got a 260z engine under the bonnet.:S30: because 99% of people would think it was a ferrari.

99% of people wouldn't recognise it anyway !

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
What do the French know about cars, it’s not like they are running first in F1 or Rally isn’t it?

With engines and electronics and chassis and bodies and wheels and tyres and steering wheels and seats from other countries, mainly England....well at least the badges are french.

Or like they still have domestic car makers like you do

We currently make French cars very efficiently, that is until Peugeot decide to up sticks and move production (not to France I hasten to add) to Eastern Europe which will leave several thousand people without jobs.. nice. Ahhhh the joys of the European quango oops sorry Union

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
You're right :D I almost forgot, we do have the best cars AND the best tires!
When was the last time an AVON won an F1 race ;) or a World Rally stage??????

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
My lads both have Peugeot cars ( 306 DT and 106 GTi) and they are fantastic.

Anyway why are we saying British is best when this is a Datsun/Nissan club. And aren't Renault and Nissan in each other pockets?

Also my Golf VR6 is perfect for me as a road car, better than any British car I have owned.

Everyone to their own opinion and experiences!

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Twernt saying British is best (cars wise) I was saying that the 2CV was a milestone in poor engineering and bad taste and the Citroen floaty sickness inducing suspension system was as far from a sporting ride as you can get, ergo having 2 masterpieces such as that in your portfolio isnt exactly a pedigree for building sportier cars, which is after all what we all talk about on here.

As for British cars, aside from a very few examples, British cars have been absolutely diabolical, however Britain is still a focal point for motorsport technical innovation and engineering excellence ......FACT

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
Hey I am just Devil's lawyer here :devil:
If you make a bold statement, I will just make it sure you get the correct answer.

If you stick to Citroën, take a better look at their achievement in the automobile industry before sending a SKUD replies, it might amaze you! Today XSARA just reflect the know how of a company that literally used their front tires on every roads of the planet… Does the “Croisière Jaune” ring you a bell? There is only one car in an ART MUSEUM in the world… and it’s a DS, The SM wasn’t anything like the 2CH if your into sporty wagon! They started their first Monte-Carlo in 1926 and have been there almost every year since!!!!!! Should I go on?
The 2ch was design before WWAR2, and if I dislike the thing, I think it’s one of the cleverest things that the car industry made! I like the Mini, but sorry there is none of them in the tough… Take a 2CH Sahara and tell me it’s not the cheapest tool to do the job while it’s one of the strongest!

PS: The last time I drove a French car was my mother’s Le Car in OHIO, and it was back in 1986… Back to the front line:D

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
If you make a bold statement, I will just make it sure you get the correct answer.

Answering a bold statement with a brash one... neat

There is only one car in an ART MUSEUM in the world… and it’s a DS
Whoopee do

The DS is exotic, inovative... but was it good.... not on your life.
Just because its in an art museum doesnt automatically make it good, for example a little while back a woman "artist" won a pile of money for her contribution to art.... an un-made bed, go figure.

reflect the know how of a company that literally used their front tires on every roads of the planet
Bit like the landrover then.... oh no sorry they have a resale value

Re the 2CV
I think it’s one of the cleverest things that the car industry made
dont confuse clever with functional

As regards Frances contribution to the motoring world, there is no doubt that there has been significant contributuion (not neccasarily positive), my point is any company who is capable of producing 2CV's and cotton wool suspension systems has lost their way (in the performance and handling world).

Maybe we should look at a list of the worlds supercars for guidance ...... and see where Citroen is