Which other seals should I get?

Robotsan

Club Member
Hi all,

I'm sending my car off for paint at the end of next summer, and the company doing it (Passion 4 Paint in Nantwich), say they will remove the glass for me, and also put it back in with my new seals etc. I have a 19 piece Precision weatherstripping kit, but I realise it doesn't have the windscreen rubber included.. but I'm also struggling to work out what else *I don't have* from the description and even from looking in the box I have!

I think it just comes with the seals I need for the doors, windows, bonnet/cowl and rear hatch, right?

If so, are there any other major ones I'll need?

Here's the description page: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pqp-cwk-244-a

And here's the image from it:

1700498419994.png

Robotsan

Club Member
Scratch that... the description on the Precision website itself does list the Windshield piece in there, phew! :)

1700506237599.png

toopy

Club Member
The bottom right seal in that image could be the windscreen rubber, as it appears to have the fairly sharply angled corners.

toopy

Club Member
There are small glue on seals that fix to the rear of the door where the window frame meets the top of the door shell. Not sure if all cars actually had them though.

Robotsan

Club Member
There are small glue on seals that fix to the rear of the door where the window frame meets the top of the door shell. Not sure if all cars actually had them though.

I'll have a look and see if there's any sign of the old ones on mine. Thanks.

drdavidcowen

Forum User
Hi all,

I'm sending my car off for paint at the end of next summer, and the company doing it (Passion 4 Paint in Nantwich), say they will remove the glass for me, and also put it back in with my new seals etc. I have a 19 piece Precision weatherstripping kit, but I realise it doesn't have the windscreen rubber included.. but I'm also struggling to work out what else *I don't have* from the description and even from looking in the box I have!

I think it just comes with the seals I need for the doors, windows, bonnet/cowl and rear hatch, right?

If so, are there any other major ones I'll need?

Here's the description page: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pqp-cwk-244-a

And here's the image from it:

View attachment 60391
Ive got the same kit as my car also in paint...it's definately in the kit. I did though buy the engine bay rubber kit and some things were missing..and it wasn't cheap. Ive bought a new screen to go in..if we dont break it Ill be moving the original on. David

MCBladeRun

Club Member
You can never have too much of the kit for one and 2nd you could always sell onto others.

Err on the side of caution, those 'full' or 'complete' kits are mostly the visible trims that are more accessible but more susceptible to damage 👍