Wheels again....

JK240

Club Member
At last I am getting round to being able to buy some new wheels and have been for a while undecided as to either Minilites or Enkies.

Finally think I have decided on the minilite style, but after looking at a few am probably going for Compomotives ML1580 15 x 8 Just not certain what offset should be, can anyone help...?

129_5_z.jpg

a 8x15 should fit with a 50 profile on a 0 offset. You could measure from your current wheels and work it out from there, if you're going to the expense of having some compomotives i'd give them a call and they'll talk you through it, you could have a staggered setup.

What about Konig Rewind wheels, I think they look a bit better (only my opinion) and I think they are lighter, the compomotives are pretty heavy by the specs I have seen.
:cheers:

a 8x15 should fit with a 50 profile on a 0 offset. You could measure from your current wheels and work it out from there, if you're going to the expense of having some compomotives i'd give them a call and they'll talk you through it, you could have a staggered setup.

Don't get all technical on me Franky, whats staggered set up mean, 9's rear 8's front...???

What about Konig Rewind wheels, I think they look a bit better (only my opinion) and I think they are lighter, the compomotives are pretty heavy by the specs I have seen.

I'm not keen on the look of those Konigs Andy....

I'm a bit fussy with wheel fit so I'd probable want to get it just right, with the wheel and tyre just on the edge of the arch. The only way to get it perfect is by taking measurements. You could always make the final minnor adjustments with small spacers though. May be worth checking the distance from the hub face to all arches as they may not all be the same.

Those comp's do look really nice.

Don't get all technical on me Franky, whats staggered set up mean, 9's rear 8's front...???

I'm not keen on the look of those Konigs Andy....

Basically yes, you might have a higher offset on the front and narrower too which might help with some steering feel. If you ring them up they'll recommend size/offset and send you a sheet to fill in. Just make sure you're sat down when they give you the price:D

I really like the Compomotive MLs, they will suit the car well. I always wondered why they never produced it in a 16".

I will give them a call, although they are available on ebay at £695.00 for 4, so I know what to expect, cheers :D

Minilite now do 16's i believe. Havent seen any pics on how they look as only just in production.

seriously looking into getting some in the very near future but will have to be spot on with sizes. Any pointers would be great to fit the zg flares?

I just picked up some of those RKRs, 17x9.5 -20 for the back and 17x8.5 -10 for the front, haven't got the front ones yet. I wasn't going to go that wide but my rear arches (inner and outer) are screwed, so wide wheels and flares are the easy option at this point, plus 8.5" on the front should be a pretty good compromise for steering weight. Might need a small spacer on the front though, about 10mm should be enough... will see how it sits first.

IMAG0467.jpg

Also, those konig rewinds look good in 15" imo, the 16" look really weird for some reason!

Morbias, they look fab but way too big for me and although I love the gunmetal spokes they just wouldn't sit right with my cars colour scheme, look forward to seeing some pictures of your car with them on though :thumbs:

Minilite now do 16's i believe. Havent seen any pics on how they look as only just in production.

seriously looking into getting some in the very near future but will have to be spot on with sizes. Any pointers would be great to fit the zg flares?

minilite only do 16's to order because they dont stock the blanks they have to cast them when you place your order, btw they dont stik to deadlines,
i will never deal with them again.

Back