Wax , Polish and Coatings

AD240Z

Club Member
Most people with cars have an opinion on the above - and seem to stick with particular brands or types .

Whats everyone using? I have two Z's - one with much older paint and a second with a metallic more recent respray.

Ive tended to use Autoglym or Meguiars - but the newer one has a few swirl marks etc- acnd could do with some TLC over winter to make it better.

Some of the results from newer coatings ( ceramic etc.) seem amazing - but come at a cost .

This guy posts some good videos :

https://www.facebook.com/pg/absolutevaleting/videos/?ref=page_internal

https://www.absolutevaleting.co.uk/wax-shop

richiep

Club Member
I've been a bit of a detailing addict in the past, and experimented with a lot of stuff. I tend to like certain products from different manufacturers.

Autoglym - TBH, they are great IMO. The Super Resin Polish is still one of the best at what it does, and I've also used many of their other products without any real downsides.
Meguiars - their Perfect Clarity glass cleaner is the best of the common off-the-shelf glass cleaners IMO. I also like various of their compounds and polishes/glazes. Ultimate Compound and ScratchX Swirl Remover are good. Some of the polishes though are difficult to remove and can be streaky.
Auto Finesse - love their stuff. Especially the polishes and glazes. Not their glass cleaner though, which is useless!
Poorboy's World - QD+ Quick Detailer is excellent. Want to try more of their stuff when I get back to polishing rather than building cars!

Reactions: Huw

AD240Z

Club Member
I've been a bit of a detailing addict in the past, and experimented with a lot of stuff. I tend to like certain products from different manufacturers.

Autoglym - TBH, they are great IMO. The Super Resin Polish is still one of the best at what it does, and I've also used many of their other products without any real downsides.
Meguiars - their Perfect Clarity glass cleaner is the best of the common off-the-shelf glass cleaners IMO. I also like various of their compounds and polishes/glazes. Ultimate Compound and ScratchX Swirl Remover are good. Some of the polishes though are difficult to remove and can be streaky.
Auto Finesse - love their stuff. Especially the polishes and glazes. Not their glass cleaner though, which is useless!
Poorboy's World - QD+ Quick Detailer is excellent. Want to try more of their stuff when I get back to polishing rather than building cars!

thanks

It’s the swirl / small scratches I’d like to see gone .

my blue metallic car looks great - but close up I’d like to see those gone .