Vinyl roof or not?

You were thinking of putting one on a car that doesn't?

Personally, I say that sort of thing should be consigned along with wood chip wallpaper and artex ceilings. A bugg3r to get off for next owner.

In my humble opinion of course,
Sorry :(

Rust trap and something that will most likely be a turn-off if resale in the future is a consideration. I'm with you Dale!

Leave 'em to Capris and Cortinas!

Point taken, i seen one in a magazine and it did look good, but rust trap and resale value has put me of that idea now.

I've had two cars with a vinyl roof.

A Hillman Avenger 1600GT (half roof) and a VW 1500 Beetle.

IMO if they were built with one and the car is good it should have one.

The Avenger's was original, the Beetle roof covered repairs after a roll (no by me).

On a Z no - I have seen them.

Vinyl Roof

Seems it was a factory option, though, to go with the racing stripes, according to the fiche.

Attachments

• Vinyl Roof Scan Fom Fiche.jpg
    Vinyl Roof Scan Fom Fiche.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 14
At the risk of posting for a second time this embarrassing picture of me in the 1970s, here is my brother's car in America (a 280z) circa 1979 which had a white vinyl roof.
This was the car that started my love affair with Zs which lasts to this day.
Fortunately my love of torn denim shorts, tinted specs and a moustache (fashionable in the 70s) has long gone!
With it is me now and my current car (without vinyl roof, specs, shorts . . . . )

Attachments

• img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 03072012107.jpg
    03072012107.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
What a dude!!!!!!!!!! If I was a girl and we were in the 70's .....

But that roof is wrong in every way, hu?

Ali K

What a dude!!!!!!!!!! If I was a girl and we were in the 70's .....

But that roof is wrong in every way, hu?

Ali K
Well my girlfriend at the time seemed to like the look - we were married three years later and are still together now. She still has no interest in Zs but fortunately still seems interested in me!

Back