Vin number location

microg

Club Member
Where is the stamped in chassis number on the firewall on a rhd s130.? Is it immediately behind the rocker cover?
DVLA being very arsey over registration of SA import

microg

Club Member
Thanks for quick reply.I looked at these pics but just wanted to be sure before I sandpapered the previously resprayed area!

microg

Club Member
Just cleaned that area off and nothing.
Could someone take a pic of their s to give me an idea.? I am starting to worry I've bought a ringer with the number ground off.

microg

Club Member
Looked here . Can't find it.Just need confirmation from other owners this is definitely where it is.
Have already bought it now not sure what to do if I can't find it as the DVLA specifically want a pic of this

candy red

Club Member
This is where mine is grey rectangular area might be handed differently on lhd

Attachments

• IMG_2233.png
    IMG_2233.png
    685.2 KB · Views: 39

microg

Club Member
Thanks for the pic . Unfortunately that's exactly where I was looking.At a bit of a loss now.It is rhd

candy red

Club Member
Couple more pics from different angles

Attachments

• IMG_2234.png
    IMG_2234.png
    669.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2235.png
    IMG_2235.png
    591.5 KB · Views: 26

microg

Club Member
Great pics but my vin no. not there Starting to regret buying it First not being able to get a windscreen, now battling for 4 months with the DVLA Had it over a year and it's done 2 miles - to the MOT and back.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Great pics but my vin no. not there Starting to regret buying it First not being able to get a windscreen, now battling for 4 months with the DVLA Had it over a year and it's done 2 miles - to the MOT and back.
When it was exported from SA it will have had a police inspection and then been issued with a South African Police Service (SAPS) 263 Export Clearance Certificate - assuming you were the direct importer you should have a copy of this document. The Police will not issue this document without sight of a stamped VIN number that matches the RC1 South African Registration Document of which you should also have an original copy. DVLA have tightened up a lot recently and they are wary of South African imports in particular.

Have they requested the car be made available for inspection yet or just asked you to provide the vin number photo?
Send me a DM if you want to discuss further and the name of the clerk and which First Reg team they are from may help too.

Huw

Club Member
Sorry a bit late to the party, vin stamp where Derricks photos show. Also can be found with a load of other info on a plate on the bulkhead behind the battery.

microg

Club Member
Yes thanks only got the rivetted on plate.Where it should be is clean If it was ground off they did a good job.Does anyone know the.way forward with the DVLA if I can't prove the vin?
Chris has been helpful

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So how/why would your car not have a VIN?

If it was ground off why wasn't it replaced with another?

If it was a stolen car used for racing I could perhaps understand it but a road S130!