Track Days

Mr.F

Inactive
Motorsport Vision Ltd. are associated with several major tracks around the U.K. and are offering a new range of track day options for Club members. The tracks being used are Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Snetterton and Bedford Autodrome. Both half day and full day options are available at all levels: novice, intermediate and experienced.

I'd welcome your feedback to gauge whether there is enough interest to organise a dedicated Z track day or half day at one of these major circuits or even to have a Club presence with dedicated Z track time mixed in with other cars in the pits...

Option 1 - Individual Discount10% off to paid up / registered members of your website when they book onto one of our currently existing track days. To obtain this discount members would have to call up rather than book over the web. Next year we hope to be able to offer a simpler online solution which would automatically apply the discount or credit the club account with a commission as appropriate. This means that you are not obliged to make any financial commitments to us.
Option 2 - Group Booking Group bookings into our track days offer discounts for the organisers and members alike. We take the risk and your members get the benefit, leaving you as the organiser to just turn up and enjoy the day. You might even get a free of charge place depending on how many members book!
Option 3 - Exclusive SessionThis allows the club to book an exclusive session on one of our existing track days. This means that although your club members will be sharing the pit -lane, they will be out on the circuit solely with other club members. Garages would also be reserved specifically for club members depending on availability.
Option 4 - Exclusive Day An exclusive day offers the chance for your club to hire the circuit exclusively with no other members of the public present. We can run the day for you using our experienced track day organisers in a selection of formats, typically either in 3 sessions (novice, intermediate and advanced) or open pit lane. It would be great to see several compatible clubs on one of our circuits for a day and let a little friendly rivalry take its natural course. So if you are associated with a similar club in your region and want to join forces then please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have as we can help organise this.
Option 5 - Evening Event We can organise an evening so that your club members who wish to go out on circuit have a chance to do so. This provides a fantastic opportunity to have a club meeting where the rest of the members who are not out on circuit have a chance to relax in our catered facilities as well as having the entertainment value of watching some on circuit activity.
Additional Services that can be added to any of the above options:
Food - We can organise anything from teas and coffees through to a full sit down lunch in the hospitality suites.
Club instructor - An instructor allocated specifically to your club to offer help and advise throughout the day to your members plus in car tuition while on circuit.

PricingThe pricing of our track days, and the options above, are dependant on the circuit being used and the time of year of the event, as well as the number of guests attending the event.For example, a novice morning session at Brands Hatch on 2nd December will cost £75 per person; a full day later this month £175.
For more information visit: www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
You have to be joking dont you.

Just to have the chance roll out of the garage, tootle for a lap or so then arse it down Brabham, into Paddock and down into Druids, or Surtees or any one of the world famous bends and straights that Brands has to offer has to be the coolest --- hand me the tissues
I'm in :devil:

Wyn

Club Member
Count me in
mrgreen.gif

Deffo be more interested in the open pit lane option if poss.

Much more fun to be able to go out as n when you want rather then have allocated times only.

If it helps theres also others who offer like track days.

Could be worth a look?

www.easytrack.co.uk

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
the best without doubt are brands gp if you can get it! shed loads of cash, failing that oulton park for the technical aspect, full circuit a must using shell corner banking:D

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Mike,

IMHO you won't get enough members to pay for a full day, so best option is to book a club session (cost?) but will the organisers let a person booking a full day at 10% discount join in on their club session?

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Chap called Steve Francis would be up for this and probably Geoff Gale and John Peek (all three not on line). Quite a few of the Cheshire Plainz group came to Castle Combe in Sept and seem up for track days at the moment (Keith Harrison/ Mark Warbarton et al)

Mr.F

Inactive
IMHO you won't get enough members to pay for a full day
From past experience I'm well aware of this, however it doesn't hurt to ask again once in a while. Motorsport Vision are very pro-active in this area at the moment and would be keen to accomodate Club areas / pit garages (!) and dedicated sessions within a day at the individual member price as long as we were to keep them informed of what was happening.

ben240z

Club Member
mike would this be open to road going road legal cars only or would I be able to get my car onto the track in it's race trim. IE slicks, sound testing at 105@1/2 metre @ 1/2 max revs. If so then brands would be best for me due to the tyres melting on the bigger faster circuits. cheers ben

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Cheapness is probably the most appealing aspect that will get the most people on the track! Cheap generally means an airfield day. I've done Elvington for £50, was organised through the North West Lotus club and Easytrack (I think), there were only around 40 cars max, open pit lane, miles of run off. Track was laid out with cones, a mixture of technical bends and some fast straights, very well organised day, plenty of track time and very few incidents. It was late-ish in the year, which helps with the price but was on a Saturday making it more accessible to the masses.

Given a long enough advertising lead time and a strict policy of pre-payment and no refunds(!) it might be possible to round up enough Zeds to make this worth while. Invites to the 300ZX mob should be considered, the downside to that is having a track half full of not too powerful early cars and half full of insane power twin turbos is a bit of a bad recipe. Splitting the day in to group sessions would solve that, but I do prefer the open pit lane approach, as that maximises track time and guarantees everyone will be able to drive as much as they want to or their car allows.

Sorry for the ramble, just some random thoughts ya know ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Wyn

Club Member
Its good to ramble Rob, esp if you’re right lol

Open pit lane airfield day is the way to go, nice n cheap no pressure, go out as n when you like and all at your own pace!
The only thing I’d say is anything Zed should go. All the more fun to have a pop at a few of the faster cars
laugh.gif

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Would be open to all members of the Z Club. One club, all the cars............

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Can we come ? I might entice a few over here to go over there but not all are Z Club members - day membership :) ?

Z31TURBO

Well-Known Forum User
i'll be there mike if you can find me the elusive discs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
Oulton Park is far more rewarding IMHO:D

However, would happily try Brands, etc....but one thing is sure.....

I'm In TOO!!!!!!!!!:devil: