This was my first Datsun

candy red

Club Member
So today I’ve been clearing the back of my mums garden where she had a pre fabricated garage where I put my first Datsun 280zx after someone run into me causing wing and bumper damage,stripped it down and that’s where it’s been for the last 35 years it was completely over grown and you couldn’t even see it I think a bit of T cut and it could be good to go it had only done 58000 miles 😟

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpeg
    IMG_1679.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1685.jpeg
    IMG_1685.jpeg
    757.2 KB · Views: 104

johnymd

Club Member
When I bought a 280z from a guy in the US he mentioned that he may have a few more. He recalls parking them up at his mum's house but would need some time to find them. He did get back to me a week or so latter and said he had manged to find 3 more and sent pictures of them in different barns. I did buy another one and wished I had bought more. He had quit a few but he mum's land was so vast it took a very long while to get to all the possible places. Hard to comprehend really but if your estate is the size of a typical UK county then I guess cars get lost.

I did get chatting to a guy at a an Eric Euipe car club I'm a member of. He was an old guy who kind of resembled a tramp. When I asked which cars he liked, his reply was all sorts. He liked aston's and had a few. Also Jag's which he has lots of. mainly old XK's. He had a phase of collecting famous rally cars. He own Peter Seller's old mini along with a few other famous cars. When I asked where he kept them all he said lockup garages all over London. He admitted to have lost track of many but every now and then he rembers where he put one and goes to see if its still there. These people are among us.

candy red

Club Member
Well the 280zx is now gone but I did manage to sit unit for the last time 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1752.jpeg
    IMG_1752.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1753.jpeg
    IMG_1753.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1765.jpeg
    IMG_1765.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1756.jpeg
    IMG_1756.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 38

uk66fastback

Club Member
I guy I deliver to out in Leicestershire has a few classics sometimes on show, under old tarps usually. It’s an old railway station - closed in 1959 - but you can see what it would have been like back then etc. anyway, I said I recognise the shape of that one - old Moggy Traveller under a tarp - but not that one - turns out it was an old Healey 100/4 without a front screen - anyway, he said, you think that’s good, come and see this, I’ve had it since 1987 …

So we walked across to this double garage - two single doors, one open. I’m thinking, what’s he got here then, old Capri, Healey 3000 maybe … well when I saw this thing just sitting there, my legs literally buckled for a moment and my blood pressure suddenly went skywards …

IMG_6317.jpeg