the newest member to the family

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:S30: well iv gone and done it again, some time ago sold all my Z cars and parts thinking id not be doing any more with early Zs again, and yesterday went to see a 260z 2+2. turned out to be a bit rough round the edges but very solid car had total new back end inc full quaters both sides full rear panel brand new fuel tank more wax oil than you can shake a stick at the list goes on. photos of all the work. so i came home with it. the chap was a really nice bloke had it a very long time was a shame he needed to let it go really. so drove it back about 130 miles and parked it in the drive awating the start of the work.

Attachments

• pict0001 (Large).JPG
    pict0001 (Large).JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 209
Back.

Hi Martin
Your comeback into the Z world is very welcome. I'm the same
once smitten,with the Z bug, I can not permanently keep away!
The 2+2 drove 130 miles & mechanically they are so robust.
A bit of TLC & perseverance should get you back in form. Although there
are, a few that KNOCK, the 2+2 260Z model I love them to bit's.
I would recommend one anyday! Regards DJZ 60. :thumbs:

:S30: Dj i new you would have a welcome and wize word for me. had a few 260 2+2s and love m as much as any of my other Zs. this 1 is standard apart from bumper kit and 280zx seats. plan is repaint 7/14 wolfys 280zx dizzy 240 carbs nice header and system new shocks+ springs re work the engine maybe a nice cam. then out to play:D came with tax n mot so can use as is:thumbs: .

martin w

It's an honour.
M.O.T & Tax! can't go wrong! I have kept mine looking
(almost) as authentically period as possible. The 2.8 engine look's right
as do the 240Z carbs. Tweek up the Head(Cam,ports etc.) & the rest is up to you, by way of personal input.
Enjoy your car. That's what they are about,Pleasure & fun.

Hope to see you at some future meet Cheerzzz DJZ 60 . :thumbs:

:S30: hi mark nice hear from you guess ill be up your way in a few weeks now im Zeded up again,

:S30: thanks DJ for the pozzitive words. yeh im sure ill be seeing some old and some new faces soon.

martin w

:S30: thanks every 1 for the worm re,welcome as iv not been to any meets for last few years or used the site as regular as i did, its quite nice to be back in a Z again and active will keep you posted with progress n picks as i go.

thanks
martin w

:S30: well its been some time now that the Zs been in the garage and not much has happened really:(. so having had a kick up the rear iv started on it. the suns out so i started to strip it down. heres som pics.
so its now well on the way should be ready for paint in the next week or so:thumbs:, then ill be onto Mike for new springs shocks and a header/manifold. found 1 small bit of rust thats no real probblem to fix and there are some welding under side i dont like the look of so ill do it again

martin

Attachments

• pict0001 (Small).JPG
    pict0001 (Small).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 70
  • pict0002 (Small).JPG
    pict0002 (Small).JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 66
  • pict0003 (Small).JPG
    pict0003 (Small).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 56
  • pict0004 (Small).JPG
    pict0004 (Small).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0006 (Small).JPG
    PICT0006 (Small).JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 54
:S30: its very good was restored around 91 had both rear quatres new, rear panal top to bottom new, both doors and wings new, and loads of welding underside in fact its prob only the roof that he didnt change lol. so its a very good start and not quite what im used to so it makes a very nice change. will make a very solid daily driver not concours by any means but no rot. the chap that had it before me had it for around 25 years i think and spent loads on it in that time there is more history with this car than all my past Zs together

martin

Hi Martin,
We will be seeing you out and about in the not too distant future then!
Looking forward to catching up with you, keep up the good work!!!
Mark.

:S30: Hi Mark
yes im sure you will, be nice to catch up its been quite some time since i last saw you both ill bring michelle with me too. im hoping it wont take me long to get it finished now iv got round to starting it at last.

martin

Nice find Martin with a body that does not need much work. I take it this was the donor car from where the flat tops came from?

Ian

:S30: yes it is Ian, and its thanks to you that iv at last pulled my finger out and started on it:thumbs:
by the way have you got them yet???

martin

Back