The list of things you want!

Russ

Club Member
Hi all,

Please list everything you like to see, or improvements, regarding this site. If you think something is crap then say! If you want something say! The end goal being the perfect Z club site, no holds barred.

This will give me and web crew a targets list, I'm forever seeing suggestions and I have the worst memory (who knows what I'll be like when I'm old, probably have a beard) so I need it written HERE.

Many thanks.

The MOST important item to add is the JOIN NOW button.
We are now living in 2005 so the old ways of 1985 and 1995 are simply not good enough anymore.
Nobody wants to be bothered requesting paper forms, waiting for them to arrive , filling them in, writing a cheque, finding an envelope, buying a stamp(or using a prepaid envelope if they get one) and then waiting for a postal reply with a membership number.
IMHO the failure of The Z Club to have this facility has in itself been responsible in part for the decline in membership.( Both renewals and new enquiries)
BTW no personal criticism of current membership sec, or past ones is implied in this reply.
But we have to move on and now play catch up with this facility.
All other improvements and new stuff are of secondary importance to this.
Cos NO MEMBERS = NO FORUM/CLUB

The above assumes that we are already doing members only access?? We are arent we???? Soon?????

More models racing (can be 2+2s) 260s and more specifically 280ZXs and Z31s !

A VERY complete questionnaire sent out to all members !

Join now button - instant money deduction from C card !

Less committee members - beginning to look like local government !

More active committee members - beginning to look like local retired conservatives club !

I Agree with points raised already, Join now Button, and Support you club make a small donation this works on other web only clubs..
Restricted non paying public access areas these have to have benefits of joining our club members cars/ rides and National local group activities listed to grab there attention!
Maybe a pre commitee meet forum where ideas can be discussed and prepared for the Commitee meet so we all don't turn up and forget what been talked over. Restricted area obviously!
Detail Model list and codes for the Public area with Pics May be Albrect could assist with this?

Again I agree with everything mentioned so far and off the top of my head:

More motorsport details i.e. easy to use only tables for drag league, F1 competition etc

News feeds from more people, basically any member, giving us something to read

Sign up to events, any member can tick a box on the calendar to show they are going, generates a nice list

Integration of magazine with website

Movies for download, particularly peoples own cars

Virtual garage for owners

More active reviews section

Club promoting RatZ and vice versa

Guides to each model of car we support with tech info

Z encyclopedia (pet project that I have)

Completely revised navigation system for the site

Online shop

Club promotional materials for member (like the work Gio has done) easy to download or buy at cost maybe

Our own version of Z engine but encompassing everything like gearbox ratios, wheel sizes, all sorts of stuff.

In the absence of a credit card joining facility, wasn't someone going to set up a PayPal account for the Club? This would serve for donations as well.

If you could make the above work for the club shop too ..that'd be a useful step forward ... I will try and wrack my brains for other ideas and niggles over the coming week or so too..

Mike

an easier way to find the classifieds, as new internet member i would not think of looking in the ARTICLES link for them but in the FOR SALE section and i think there should be a members only section because with out membership fee's for the magazine the ZCLUB.NET would not last very long so we need to encourage non ZCLUB members who use the ZCLUB.NET regularly to sign up and pay a membership fee or limit the amount of posts anyone can make until they pay a small fee for the upkeep of the website

recently I have been going though the active users list and looking at thier hidden profiles and if I find that I reconise the user by information there I have been sending them the following email

"Hi --------

We noticed you were on line and know you are a club member and would like to take this opportunity to ask you to update your user control panel on the website.

The details that need entering are your correct name, membership number and your postcode in the relevant boxes in the user profile fields.

The reason we need these three boxes to be completed are we will be using these items in the near future to restrict viewing of part of the website to paid up members of the Z Cub.

Please be assured that these three details hidden from the general membership and only forum administrators can view them.

Many thanks

The Z Club Team"

would be good if this could be adapted and sent out automatically

also a shame that although most of the members take action on the email there are a few that still don't update thier profile

Local group specific sites i.e.

sez.zclub.net and southcentral.zclub.net etc.

This maybe stretching the site a bit thin seeing as there aren't many of us, but ultimately I imagine it would be nice.

I like all the comments so far, keep them coming!

Just thought of one more idea - Rogues Gallery - owners mugshots next to picture(s) of their car(s).

This would help as an ice-breaker for new members who are familiar with peoples website 'alter egos', but wouldn't know who on earth was who at a meeting ...

Mike

Another flash of inspiration - it would be nice to get some profiles of 'famous' or 'historic' Z/ZXes on the site somewhere...

Mike

Russ said:
Local group specific sites i.e.

sez.zclub.net and southcentral.zclub.net etc.

This maybe stretching the site a bit thin seeing as there aren't many of us, but ultimately I imagine it would be nice.

I like all the comments so far, keep them coming!
Good idea. Take a look at www.sxoc.com, Section on regions on the main forum for regional meets and topics.

Didn't I see you

Totally agree with the Paypal idea. Would make life so much easier.

Also, how about a 'didn't I see you section' where, if you see a 'Z' you can post where it was. e.g. location, date, time and other info. (Reg if known etc, etc, etc)

Just thought it might be a good idea. :confused:

Terry

Not dissing this idea, but just be careful you don't fall foul of the Data Protection Act 1998, if you need any help and advice on this, PM me and I'd be happy to advise.

Terry

SeanDezart said:
A VERY complete questionnaire sent out to all members !

Back