The budget!

Bloody hell! Just checked this as I couldn't believe you (!) and it is indeed true - VED tax exemption extended by a year to all cars before 1st Jan 1974. Great news for all 240z owners then!

Edit: comes into effect on !st April 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading that has made my evening! I've just stopped jumping up and down :)......

Not effective until April 2014 I think...

Bloody hell! Just checked this as I couldn't believe you (!) and it is indeed true - VED tax exemption extended by a year to all cars before 1st Jan 1974. Great news for all 240z owners then!

And some 260z owners ;) Although I'd have to prove it I guess :confused:

Always has been build date, so ALL 240Zs tax exempt and the first batch of 260Zs. UK 260Z VIN (G)RS30-005000 = August 1974. Who might know the VIN that equates to end of December 1973? Probably different between RS30 and GRS30 (2+2)...

How does one go about getting a nil value tax disc?

According to the current DVLA blurb I need to take my documents to a DVLA office or send to the DVLA:

Vehicle registration certificate (V5C) – this must clearly show that the vehicle was made or first registered before 1 January 1973. If you do not have a V5C, or if you think the age shown is incorrect, you will need to produce a dating certificate from a vehicle enthusiasts’ club or evidence from the vehicle manufacturer.

Obviously this will change to 1st January 2004, however my V5 shows the date of first registration as 03 1975. In which case where is the best place to get a dating certificate?

Interesting. My 260 VIN is 000088 with date of first registration 01/01/75. I take it that "10/73" in your sig pic is date of manufacture, Dale? How did you find this out? What's your date of first registration?

Sean
Just take your paperwork to the post office as normal to get your tax disk. They still check insurance and Mot's. You just don't give them any money :thumbs:

The Torries have been wanting bring this back for some time, lets hope they extend it every year from now on. Maybe even you 280 boys will get a freebe one day!
If you remember this system was in place before and then labour got in and froze it.

Just seen this - I am just so happy!!!.
It's about time. Only one more tax disc to buy then.
Paul

aka Zedache
2 x 240Z both 1973 (1 decent & 1 rusty brown - well, not really brown....:-o)

Great isn't it.
I thought the Budget overall was pretty good considering the lack of money in the Kitty.
I liked the 10% threshhold for no tax on wages. This is now worth £700 per year to the average person.
No Rise in fuel duty again :)
1 penny off a pint :D

Sean
Just take your paperwork to the post office as normal to get your tax disk. They still check insurance and Mot's. You just don't give them any money :thumbs:

Thanks for that. Do I still need a dating certificate?

My tax disc runs February to February, so I will have to sorn the car from Feb to April next year, then re-licence when the new rules apply, result :)

Great news for all pre-74 cars, but no use for me with my 1978 machine. Should be a 25-year rolling exemption. That's what it was when first introduced. Then they moved the goalposts.

Back