Swapmeet 2005

Arkwright

Inactive
Due to popular request I will run another swapmeet at the same location on Saturday / Sunday 4th & 5th of JUNE 05.

I hope this date and advance notice suits everyone.

For those who do not know, the venue is a very secure field of about 1.5 acres surrounded by a 6ft high chain link fence with padlocked gate and no direct road access. Access is suitable for vans and caravans etc. Full details to save me repeating can be found in the threads entitled Swapmeet Blidworth 04.

It would be nice to know who's coming, what days and if you are going to camp. Also if anyone knows of any traders who may want to have a stand at this event. Any help or suggestions for entertainment or diversions on the days would be appreciated.
A barbecue on the Saturday night has already been suggested but I would welcome any views or ideas that you may have.

You can e-mail me or phone 01623-794048 (evenings after 8pm)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the long distance notice i shall make sure im there drinking and eating all you can supply....lol

I didn't say I was going to supply anything, I said it had been suggested. Don't count my sausages..... or bring your own!
Let's see what occurs.

hopefully i will be selling some more bits and be in my 240Z

Shit - that's right when we're doing a Z weekend over here ! Any chance of making it earlier or in September ? I'd like to come over and chill out camping with the family !

A Second "Swapmeet is eagerly welcomed,& I look forward's to it.
It make's up for the N.E.C, J.A.E & any other three letter's
that dont accomadate Z bit's for sale,plus meeting up with
people like Derek,Moggy,decay,Zbloke ,BEE GEE Vinz & a host of
other Z enthusiast's inclusive of the 300ZX crew....DJZ 60.

It's going to be dodgy getting Cathy to agree to go to Spain, the UK and Le Mans and Holland all withing the space of two months ! I hate choices like this, I want to do it all and can't !

Just recieved the commernative plate Derek had made for the swap meeting, very impressed!
They are only £3.20, well worth it for a very nice piece of Zed art work.
I think he has a few left, drop him a line.

Love to be there but ill be in the Isle of Man for my annual TT trip.If you have another this year let me know.

Suzy,I too have recieved my Z plaque & also a very nice Z keyring,
They are of good quality & good value for money.
Thank's to Derek for sending these two item's,I think Derek's got a few left if anyone else want's either the plaque or
key fob,can't wait for the next ''Swapmeet'',
DJZ 60.

Arrangements niow well in hand for the 05 event. As you will all appreciate organising events like this costs money which comes from our club. In order to defray the cost an entry fee of £2 per car will be charged. I hope that Traders will make a donation of £10 for their pitch. There will be a show on Sunday with trophies for the best car in each marque
Any other suggestions to help the event along ?

i'll turn up, just 2 c how a z31 should look like! and probably end up buying stuff...
If you replace the chasis, engine and bodywork of a car, is it the samecar???.. lol

Swap Meet At Billing????

Just a thought has anyone not thought of doing the swap meet at billing as everyone seems to like billing & know where it is etc it could be over a weekend & use it as a meet like it used to be many years ago for z/zx people ??? it is just a thought ???? what do people think?

As JAE is moving away from Billing this year and going to the East of England Show Ground the Z Club is looking into doing something at Billing.

This will be different from the Swap meet and later in the year.
Just ironing out some details, watch out for details.

Hi,
I agree...have a Z Club meet at Billing! The Heart Of England Group are thinking along these lines and thinking of still having a camping weekend there!
We haven't decided anything yet, as we were waiting to see if there will be a back 2 basics type weekend first!
Cheerz,
JEZ

two questions will decide it for me!

1. is there a bar in the field?
2.is there a bar in the field?
:D

Back