Spanish trip

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm posting it here 'cos it belongs here - what is the latest on the 'Spanish' trip ? Ideas of dates etc...

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Ill be on a Spanish trip August next year , but I just leave the driving to Stelios!!!!

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
pmac ya boring old fart, let the z see the mountains...lol when mines done i shall be off every chance i get !!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm happy to help organise this, I think Symon is up to help too but don't think about June next year - there is Le Mans and we're already planning a pre-Le Mans weekend as we did before, camping/mobile homes with swimming pool/BBQs/visits etc and on to Le Mans for those who so wish !
I propose rather September and some last of the summer sun - cheaper ferry crossings and less holiday traffic on the roads too !

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Sean for volunteering me for the organisation of a Spanish Trip. I´m sure that I can ask my mate , Josep Carbonell a 240Z owner , to give me a hand. I reckon that May or June is best as isn´t too hot, few tourist. In September the weather can be quite stormy.
What would you like to visit ? How long should the trip last ? Give me few clues as to what I´m supposed to be organising.
Regards

Symon

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
How about May then ? Get some early sun in before the holiday rush !
June for me is taken so if I participate/help, it's May !!!

As to what we should be organising, how about the true Brits joining in this discussion ?

Seems to be a one/two night stop-over in France, Bordeaux for example or a little further north with the route continuing down towards Pau ? The Grand Prix historic is on around about the third week of and I can organise a private parking area with the organiser !

Then into the Pyrenees, at your suggestion on the Spanish side before (Andorra ?) and down into Barcelona !
What do you want to do ? Circuit, beach ? tour around in convoy and be stared at ?

What do the tourists want to do and see ?

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
Ok, carrying on from Sean´s post. Once we get into Spain there is loads to see & do. I could keep everyone busy for weeks with good food, fiesta, sightseeing, circuits, karting, fast country roads, etc, etc. But really we should be realistic. How about this ?
1st day in Spain - Enter Spain by the Candanchu, then down to Pamplona & into Navarra ( where the Rioja wines come from )
2nd day - Drive up to the Val d´Aran & stay in Baqueira Beret the most fashionable Spanish ski resort.
3rd day - Over the Port de Bonaigua & down to Sort, then to La Seu d´Urgell over my favorite road in Spain ! Stop over in Andorra.
4th day -Day in Andorra, shopping & maybe a trip out up one of the valleys for food in the evening.
5th day - Route around Eastern Pyrenees ending up at a typical farmhouse that has been converted into family run hotel. Great food & atmosphere.
6th day - Down to Castelldefels near Barcelona. Hotel on the beach, bringing your swimming costumes as "skinny dipping" won´t be tolerated !
7th day - Visit Barcelona
8th day - BBq at my house. i.e. Booze, food, giving me a hand on my cars !
Then off home.
I would prefer a smaller number of cars maybe 8 - 9 in total. Makes it much easier to find hotels, restaurants, also get´s around Spanish law which requires permission for groups of 10 cars or more.
Any feedback ?

Symon

Last edited by a moderator:

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Where's Steve B??? He was up for this trip.

We were talking about this at Outlon Park but as we are committed to Le Mans next year will not be able to do both trips. But there must be others out there up for this. Symon/Sean what you are proposing sounds amazing. Now that's what I call a holiday!
Skiddy is putting together the next issue of the magazine so it would be great to get this (and the pre Le Mans weekend) advertised. Can you get something to him ASAP??
I'm more than happy to help out this side of the water, just let me know
S x

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
Sean,
Now it´s time to really get our act together on this one. I think we should set the dates around the Pau GP. Exactly when is it ? I´m going to be seeing Josep Carbonell in the next couple of days so I´ll "rope him in" after I´ve help him drink a few beers. I reckon by Tuesday / Wednesday next week we should have the bare bones of all this sorted out.

Suzy,
Thanks for the offers of help, I´m sure that we will be in touch !

Regards

Symon

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Guus,
But you have the wrong web site! The Grand Prix historic is situated within the city on 'open' roads not unlike Monte Carlo !
I will check out the dates for next year asap !

Yes, I will email Skiddy asap also !

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
before go to far what are costs of accomadation etc in spain
so would be about three days though france seven in spain and three days back approx

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Sounds like a corker to me - fantastic driving and a chance to see a lot of new places .. Wow!

My only problem (not sure that sounds right ;) ) is that I'm getting married in July, so not sure we'll be able to fit it another holiday in May - it does sound v. tempting though!

I think I'll suggest the concept in conversation and see what the reaction is ... (fingers crossed)

I think the total number of days involved may limit the turnout, but I guess that's the only practical way to take in so many things ...

CheerZ,
JB.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Just got back from spain 2 hours ago,honest,driving round in a renault clio,wish i had the zed with me everytime i go there which is often,going fishing in france next may so doubfull

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome,back mate.........what a life.. U.s.A, spain, Z's,guitar's
fishing.................what a life..................DJZ 60.

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Steve,
How much does accomodation cost is like the how long is a piece of string ! I think for the type of group that we are that we could use the "rural tourist" type hotels. Most are familiy run, really clean I suppose they are similiar to B & B´s in the Uk except they generally are old farmhouses that have been converted. I´ll have to look into exact pricing but I guess that 60 €uros at the most for double room & breakfast. & for 40 - 50 €uros food per day, and thats eating well. Obviously these prices can vary and would be more expensive closer to the coast & larger towns.
It is fairly easy to get to Pau from Cherbourg or Calais in a day and a half, & as you would be just sleeping I´m sure that cheap motel accomodation can be found for 35 € per room maximum.

Neil 300zx,
This going to reserved for a select few. The first few that sign up :D . As long as you good at telling jokes, can drink me under the table & have a Z you will be welcome.

Hi John-boy,
yes I think it could be a really good get together. If you have any problem convincing ´er indoors you could always suggest that it is a trail honeymoon so that the real honeymoon goes with a bang !

I´m spoken to my mate Josep this afternoon. He almost fell off his chair laughing & then when he realised that I was serious agreed to be involved. So the first 2 cars that are signed up are : -
Me and either my wife or a good stand in with a 260Z
Josep Carbonell and his charming lady wife in a 240Z
Who else ??? Remember there are LIMITED places available !

Symon

p.s. I´ve attached a photo of what will be waiting for you !

Attachments

• 2 x spanish z.jpg
    2 x spanish z.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 16

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
No select few- just enthusiastic team players who know a good thing when they see it !
This could attract Zeds from all over and no-one is obliged to do the whole trip - come along for as much time as you want and for the part of the trip you want ! That way as well, the numbers will never be overwhelming and the company varied, satisfying a larger number of fanz !

Accomodation, food and petrol is all cheaper than in the UK and no-one is obliged to take the toll paying motorways - there are some lovely direct routes by 'B' and 'C' roads !