Soon to be Z owner!!!!

Ian the Zim

Forum User
Hey everybody. As the title suggests, I am going to be the proud owner of a Z car!! I am pretty excited about this, and I hopped onto this site as soon as I could.

Ok about my car:
Datsun 240Z
In the book it says 1973, but it has the vertical rear windscreen heater, which I think means it is a late '72. (do not take my word for it)
It is metallic blue.
The paintwork will need to be redone sometime, but otherwise it is mint.
The engine is completely standard, no mods that I know of.
Oh yeah the car is also in Zimbabwe... I will be too, once I have saved up enough money to pay for it (Buying it off my dad). Are there any other Zimbabweans on this forum?

This will not be my first Datsun powered car. I also have, in Zim, a 1958 Austin Healey Sprite Mk I (The frogeye) which has a Datsun 1200 motor in it.

KK... Here is the only photo of my 240Z that I have at the mo, and a pic of mine and my dads Sprite. Mine is the white one with the stripes.

Datsun240Z.jpg

My mom and dad.

Sprites.jpg

Our Sprites on an outing to a friends place on a sunny day.

You are correct, it is a right hand drive. This is a good thing, because all I have ever driven are right hand drive, and everywhere I have driven is on the left.

Are RHD ones not that common?

You may only call a lucky whatsits when I can actually drive the car. My babies are in Zimbabwe while I am here in England working to pay off the 240. The wait will be very worth it though.

Back