Silverstone - a great day

zedache

Well-Known Forum User
What a great day. My first track session - what an experience!
The 240Z is a great car, 30 years old and can still take on.....and beat much newer machinery! Not that anyone was hanging around. Coming in to Copse at full revs then hard on brake, down gear and then back on full revs to complete the corner. Unforgetable. :cool:

And the parade lap - wow, so many (180?) Z's. A great turnout and some fine machinery on display. Hope the pictures come out well.

Thanks to everyone for organising this event.:)

Paul
240Z
Member 179

gizmo71

currum auriga quasi furtivum
zedache said:
And the parade lap - wow, so many (180?) Z's. A great turnout and some fine machinery on display. Hope the pictures come out well.

Absolutely amazing - I couldn't see either end of the 'train' from the second row of 350s, it was horizon to horizon Zeds. That'll stick in my mind for many years to come!:D :cool:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
A really good showing by the Z Club, I think we did Nissan proud today.

Many thanks to the organisers from our club (Steve, Suzy, Derek, Raj etc etc).

It also gave me a huge amount of satisfaction to see Steve Kiddel's smile at the end of each track session. I'm so pleased that he's learn't how to turn corners! Didn't he do well, he'll be a force to be reckoned with from now on.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
photo from the stands

Attachments

• parade-from-stands.jpg
    parade-from-stands.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 98

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Rob Gaskin said:
It also gave me a huge amount of satisfaction to see Steve Kiddel's smile at the end of each track session. I'm so pleased that he's learn't how to turn corners! Didn't he do well, he'll be a force to be reckoned with from now on.
:unsure: We'll see - I don't want to take him on the strip though !

datsun dave

Club Member
WOW what a weekend

Big Thanks to Mr Burns must be the best event in over 20 years of Z ownership that i have been to.

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
awesome day guys!

Was my first track time ever, and went VERY slow albeit with my ESP off all the time, was getting passed by all sorts of 240s and 300's (I did pass a couple of 300s myself though) but only 1 other 350z (very experienced track driver) passed me, and that included a 584bhp/600lb/ft machine fully built 350z :D

PS the 350 is my daily driver and would not have been able to afford a new one if I totalled it ;) I guess people with their 240 as a track toy can take more risks :)
Awesome day, thanks to all!!!!!!! roll on France!

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 49

Dale

Club Member
What a stunning day in every respect!

Great cars.

Great people.

Great turnout.

Great weather.........

.......the list could go on and on.

A big thanks to all involved in organising the day, it was fantastic!!! :bow:

Attachments

• runwayshot1.jpg
    runwayshot1.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 70
  • runwayshot2.jpg
    runwayshot2.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 64

Fuggles

Well-Known Forum User
Many thanks to everyone who took part in yesterday's Parade. It was great to see 167 Zeds all on track together and 50 of them were 2xx Zeds

Unfortunately the Drifters overran by 22 minutes so we had to cut short the Parade which was/is very unfortunate not just for you but also for the spectators and for the organisers a little disappointing too. Unfortunately however Silverstone have a strict cut-off so we had to finish on time.

Thank you everyone who came along and enjoyed the day and for making the organisers job so very easy. The money raised will go to a good cause but I will let Steve explain what that is and why.

As well as the parade it was great to see some many Zeds of all shapes and sizes parked up together and it certainly drew the crowds and I think everone that came to see the cars was impressed with your display. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the day as well and whether you went on track and did some laps or watched the Time attack or Drift, I hope there was something for everyone.

If you took any film of the day can you send the films to us? We want the originals as downloading them to computers defaults to compressed mode and wont be any good. All films will be returned after we have finished with them. We want to make a film of the day and would appreciate all your help.

Just one last thought. 167 cars is a record for the National Circuit at Silverstone

blue34

New Forum User
Thank you to everyone for organising a great day. Parade lap was quite a sight looking forward from the back of the 240s I can only imagine what the whole of the grid must have looked like!
The track sessions were huge fun and it was good to see the 240 still holding her own with the other Zs. The G forces round copse must have got the better of the oil in the sump though as a bottom end rattle cut short the final session. But hey It was worth it...!

Dunker

New Forum User
Just a quick note of thanks for organising such a great day out.

It was my first Z meet having been an MX5 owner previously.

Both my partner and I thouroughly enjoyed the day out, and my 350 loved the chance to get on the track.

Best of all everyone came home in one piece.

(In fact I think the first prang was when the "pros" went out. Ironic or what!)

Have posted a quick vid on you tube, and there is also one from the stands too....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5dZK1uIqMY0

chesterfield

Active Forum User
Thanks to all for a great day. Myself an my better half enjoyed the whole experience.

This is my first Z car (350Z), and it was great to have a look round some of the older machinery that first started the ball rolling. Some very nice and well loved examples.

I had some great chats with other Z car owners, and a thoroughly great bunch of people they are.

The parade was great. Ive never done anything like that before, and its the first time Ive ever put the car on a track at all - never mind proper track time. Thanks to the organisers of that, it must have been a headache.

I took over 700 photos that day, majority of 350Z's but also a fair number of other Z cars also. Once I have time to sort them out Ill send over the ones that are not members of our site (350z-uk) to someone more familiar with the members of this site - as Im sure I must have taken photos of peoples cars from here and they are welcome to them if they like them.

Thanks again,
Chris & Tracy.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for a great day. Congrats to Steve Burns for the dogged organisation it payed off bigtime. Well done to all that helped. It was good to seem so many Z's

Mike B

Fuggles

Well-Known Forum User
Totall agree Mike. Steve did a fantastic job of getting all the clubs together and arranging for everyone to get as much track time as possible. It was really good to see so many Zeds and so much interest from the general public :)

Reddel 300

Well-Known Forum User
Silverstone

Thanks to Steve Burns and all the helpers for a great great great day,the Z car scene was fantastic and Iam very fortunate to own one and to be a member of the Z Club especially on such a superior day as was Sunday the 3rd of June 2007.Also many thanks to Derek Sulley (arkwright) for running the shop as he deos so well .:) :) :)

Z

z evo guy50

Thanks to all for organising such a great day, out, the parade of the Zed's really blew my mind, and it was great that all the clubs were there and really enjoying a fabulous day.
The weather couldn't have been better, all that praying much have worked.
Once again thanks to Steve Burns and all the people behind the scenes who made this day possible.
Regards to all
Dave Gibson
Midlands REO
330zx.co.uk